Started on: 10-04-2021 10:32 PM
Replies: 15 (474 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-14-2021 08:18 AM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of a source for front 88 wheel bearings?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebay has some vendors selling bearings, does anyone know if they are good?
They range in price from about $50, $60, $100 and pairs for $130

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 10-04-2021).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman has some that are rebuildable.....$130 each...Here is the link to the page;

http://rodneydickman.com/pr....php?products_id=427
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Rodney Dickman has some that are rebuildable.....$130 each...Here is the link to the page;

http://rodneydickman.com/pr....php?products_id=427

I thought he stopped making those. Something about a failure on a track car?
I will see tomorrow if I can get some.
Thanks
Mark_j

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark_jSend a Private Message to Mark_jEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto lists them if you want standard duty OEM.

Rodney Dickman still has them listed on his site. But I would shoot him an e-mail to be sure he still has them in stock.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help. I am trying to order the Rodney rebuildable bearings.
For now I have an old used set that appears to be in better shape than what is in the car.
I also ordered a new inner tierod but I doubt it went bad. The alignment shop said the driver side is worn? The tierods are new with the power steering rack.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark_j:

Rock Auto lists them if you want standard duty OEM.

There are no standard duty OEM parts left anywhere. Everything on the normal automotive market is garbage Chinesium.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 10-07-2021).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rebuildable bearings are on the way.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Ok, looks like I have some work to do.
The shop says the front top pivot on the A arms are maxed out. And that they could not improve the front alignment, the back was just untouched because the front couldn't be brought into spec.
So I need to inspect and verify the front adjustment issue. I have had this car aligned before and the shop never said there was an issue?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A) You may want to back off the Camber on the right front wheel and Increase the Caster angle (Try for equal amounts right/left) (the design allows for more of one vs less of the other)

B) I don't know if they make a ball joint for 88s that allow for more camber adjustment (the original 84-87 BJs would only allow for positive camber (STU-pid!) but after-market BJS have slotted holes allowing fro Negative camber)

C) I never liked the sealed bearings on the 88- I like being able to disassemble/inspect and then repack the 84-87 bearings, so the RD 88 bearings are a real improvement.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
The shop says the front top pivot on the A arms are maxed out. And that they could not improve the front alignment

Start about 1/3 the way down...
http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=1157
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Start about 1/3 the way down...
http://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=1157

Very cool, thank you.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has the car ever had any off-road experiences? Big hits--maybe even just curbing car hard--can bend the mounting ears for the lower control arms, without bending the control arms themselves... this shows up as a problem getting enough caster.

EDIT: Is this car lowered? If so, NVM the above... the lowering is causing your issue.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 10-11-2021).]

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2021 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like just a lousy alignment shop. Unless your car has been in a wreck, you should be able to get around 7 degrees caster on the front, so they've got it at 3 (which is the non-GT spec; 5 is the GT spec) and supposedly they can't make any more adjustments in the front? After years of always getting crappy alignments from shops, I learned how to do it myself.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2021 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I basically did exactly what Fieroguru outlined above in his link, I was very new to Fiero's back then and was a real headache to get my Formula within spec after lowering.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2021 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fully adjustable upper control arms (among other things) are available for the 88.

Go here https://www.facebook.com/groups/586067128557337 and scroll down.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock