AC Line type from Compressor by HamiltonLambo
Started on: 09-20-2021 01:47 AM
Replies: 2 (95 views)
Last post by: HamiltonLambo on 09-20-2021 10:19 PM
HamiltonLambo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2021 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HamiltonLamboSend a Private Message to HamiltonLamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone,
I would like to request help on type of AC lines that connect to the AC compressor on an 87 fiero with an upgraded 3800SC motor.
Background:
- car is a1987 Fiero was upgraded 3800SC series 2 motor from a 1992 Bonneville SSEi. 
- The old AC compressor is Delphi10341812 (internet search shows compressor is for Buick).
- The AC lines from the compressor have been disconnected by PO
- The previous motor had an AC as the main control board has a button to turn it on/off.
- On opposite side of the car from the compressor, there is a connection point for the 2 AC lines from the AC compressor to connect
- the 2 AC lines from the connecting point (on the opposite side of the compressor), runs to the front of the car into the condenser
- the old accumulator is also there and the pipes run to the evaporator. 

Question:
- Can someone point me to type of lines I need to buy that connects between the compressor and the connection point?
I don't know if these are customized or all 87 fieros are setup that way.
I did look up in search but did not find anything. If this has been previously discussed, kindly put link.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When anyone have to make new soft hose then have to use current EPA Approved Refer Hose type(s). Anyone making hoses for Vehicle AC hoses has them and tools etc to install them.

⚠️ Bigger issue is AC open to air for days is often a "problem..." For Months to Years then AC system is Totally F'd because very likely has dirt, water, road salt, etc, inside causing weak spots and leaks in metal parts. As is, "Flushing" often fails in 1 way to many causing "Black death" and other fatal problems. Worse for systems left open letting any crap in them.

Even taking each part out to flush a part at a time doesn't get all crap out. Worse is the evaporator never get flush because how their made. Flush often blow thru and crap stays and gets loose at any time later. (For many Newer cars, the condenser have same problem for same reason because many to most now uses micro channel "tubes." Many look same to you as Fiero etc on outside but isn't where it counts and block channels simply won't flush.)

Even people w/ system no pressure for years often have water getting inside doing same.

You can't flush the compressor or acc/drier so need to replace them.
(If compressor on "new" motor is V5 or V7 types then likely will need some rewiring to work. V types do not run wired as clutch banger to regulate system pressure in older I4 or all V6 Fiero..)

So If you seem to "fix"/"restoring" this... note can fail in days to month later w/o warning. Many Engine swaps uses 1 Serpent belt driving everything and you better hope you are faster then belt dying if the compressor jams.
Likely only reason AC compressor is still in there because the pulley is just an idler to make OE belt to work. Compressor can be dead otherwise.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

HamiltonLambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2021 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HamiltonLamboSend a Private Message to HamiltonLamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the response - I will see if i can find a shop that makes the hoses here.
Noted on the issues of using existing system.
I am planning on replacing most of the equipment and flush the lines.

I was looking at hoses online but too many options.

------------------
fp

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock