Carpet Removal & Cleaning by Brent7088
Started on: 09-14-2021 02:08 PM
Replies: 4 (308 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-15-2021 09:51 AM
Brent7088

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brent7088Send a Private Message to Brent7088Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided after my heater core leaked like a sieve to clean the passenger side carpet and floor pan.

Can anyone please tell me if the carpet in these cars is sectioned off in 2-3 pieces or is it just one giant piece? I'd prefer to just pull the PS if possible. Also can the 2 or 3 multi-colored underlay pieces be soaked and cleaned without falling apart? I know you can buy replacements but thought I'd ask anyhow.

TIA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ArthurPeale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArthurPealeSend a Private Message to ArthurPealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two pieces - driver's side and passenger side. You'll have to remove the center to get it out, and bits of the trim.
Brent7088

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brent7088Send a Private Message to Brent7088Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ArthurPeale:

Two pieces - driver's side and passenger side. You'll have to remove the center to get it out, and bits of the trim.

Thanks for your reply.. .does the felt-like carpet behind the seats have to come out in order to get the main carpet out too?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brent7088:

Thanks for your reply.. .does the felt-like carpet behind the seats have to come out in order to get the main carpet out too?

The padding usually stays attached to the carpet when it is removed. The seats must be unbolted, removed as well as the entire front console, door sills, front and rear trim panels. Its an intensive job.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the "felt layer" can take days to weeks to dry after soaking from coolant or rain leaks or "flushing" to get coolant out.
Even taken out of car can still take days to dry completely. More so if not left in a space w/ plenty of air moving and/or sun light.

Avoid using "soap" in the felt layer. Depending how done and type can be very hard to rinse after.

I had misaligned sun roof resulting in a rain soak floor. Had to remove seat and some trim and "jack up" the carpet so air could get at the felt.
Even that took days to dry.
Now I make sure that roof is pushed forward if open to drive. The "Tabs" and weight of glass can let the panel to move just enough for rain problems later.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock