Trunk blower? by Rhodesia1977
Started on: 09-14-2021 07:23 AM
Replies: 4 (92 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-14-2021 10:27 AM
Rhodesia1977

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Click Here to Email Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1986 GT. I have had Fieros in the past but they were all 2.5s so the V6 is new to me. What is the deal with the blower thing inside passenger rear trunk? My guess is that it blows air on the ignition coil? Mine is always on when the car is running as well as my radiator fan. My car always runs about 170-185 ( once the engine gets to op temp) so for now I will be keeping things as is. How much does the trunk fan cost to replace, what is its technical name and are they difficult to find? Thanks everyone!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 558
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car Should Not run those fans/blowers all of the time.

Only w/ AC On or someone modified or shorted out the control circuit that turns them on.

Many fools mod the control circuit because has coolant problems and now fan Force On Hinds whatever is wrong.

See my Cave, Rad Fan etc.

Rad fan and engine blower is Not meant to be On full time and have a shorter life if force on..
Rad fan motor can find replacements but not engine blower.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trunk hair dryer should come on/off at the same time as the radiator fan, it blows cool air onto the ignition coil and alternator. Despite claims of being gimmicky it is defiantly beneficial, I also have an 86 V6 and mine works great.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 152
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageClick Here to Email fierofoolSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disconnect your radiator fan switch to test its function. If the radiator fan still runs, the problem is elsewhere. Maybe in the big relay in front of the left headlight.

The fan switch is located on the lower intake manifold, just forward of the thermostat housing neck. It has a single wire. Squeeze the plastic cap and lift it off. Also, the relay at the trunk blower motor could be stuck closed.

If it turns out to be the fan switch, I highly recommend RodneyDickman.Com for his low temp fan switch. It turns on the fan at about 225* and off at 210*. By doing so, it starts to cool the engine before it overheats, and turns it off to keep it within its proper operating temperature range.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 558
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skybax:
Despite claims of being gimmicky it is defiantly beneficial, I also have an 86 V6 and mine works great.
Often Because many fools believe 88 Fiero didn't have the engine blower.
1. 88 uses CS130 alt w/ 2 fans in/on them and more efficient then old SI units.
2. Blower parts Cost GM 10's or 100's of Thousands of $ and eliminating it helps GM and don't give a crap if car dies. Most 80's car warranty often only last 1 to 5 years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock