Lifting a Fiero by Rhodesia1977
Started on: 09-13-2021 06:40 AM
Replies: 16 (430 views)
Last post by: skywurz on 09-22-2021 12:58 PM
Rhodesia1977

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New member here. Greetings Fiero colleagues. I was just wondering what the best way to tell mechanics how to put the Fiero on lifts. Will be getting tires soon and am worried that some newbie unfamiliar will jack it up and ruin my under car coolant tubes. Thank you!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lift point

In this thread there is a picture of what you are after.

Welcome to the Forum and the Fiero world.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 09-13-2021).]

1Packrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Press the point that the lower rocker panels are plastic. Local tire shop found this out on my car the hard way. It ended up costing them $1500 for the rocker panel and front fender replacement and repaint.

This was just 5 days after the entire car was just painted so body shop still had the paint in stock.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1Packrat:

Press the point that the lower rocker panels are plastic. Local tire shop found this out on my car the hard way. It ended up costing them $1500 for the rocker panel and front fender replacement and repaint.

This was just 5 days after the entire car was just painted so body shop still had the paint in stock.

Jeez, that bites! That is exactly what I was worried about! Thanks for the advice!
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rhodesia1977

115 posts
Member since Aug 2021

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Lift point

Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rhodesia1977

115 posts
Member since Aug 2021

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Lift point

Thanks!

------------------
WmR

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep laminated copies of the lift points in my car.
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I keep laminated copies of the lift points in my car.

Sounds like a great idea. Thanks.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
above Picture Source:
See my Cave, Safe Jacking

One or Two post lifts uses same four spots hitting hard sections of "frame."

Damage pipe by jacking 1 example:
See my Cave, Crushed Pipe

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

above Picture Source:
See my Cave, Safe Jacking

One or Two post lifts uses same four spots hitting hard sections of "frame."

Damage pipe by jacking 1 example:
See my Cave, Crushed Pipe

Words to live by! Thank you sir!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I buy new tires I never let the tire places put them on my car. They hire cheap labor that knows little of jack points. A friend had four tires put on and the lug nuts were put on so tight it took a three foot breaker bar to get them off I take all four off and take the old tires down to the store, then I reinstall with the new tires in my garage. Only then will my car escape damage and have the lug nuts torqued to spec. This is very important.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-13-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

When I buy new tires I never let the tire places put them on my car. They hire cheap labor that knows little of jack points. A friend had four tires put on and the lug nuts were put on so tight it took a three foot breaker bar to get them off I take all four off and take the old tires down to the store, then I reinstall with the new tires in my garage. Only then will my car escape damage and have the lug nuts torqued to spec. This is very important.

These are great points! Thanks for the reply.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I do the same.
fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I saw the title, I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Rhodesia1977

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhodesia1977Send a Private Message to Rhodesia1977Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierojp:

When I saw the title, I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Well, that would make it much easier to work on the underside! But when I really look at the pic, I just say to myself, "why?".

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only reason I can think to explain 'why?' is because he had a darned nice looking body to put on that chassis.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the wheelbase being off i don't mind this look

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock