VACUUM HOSES TO NOWHERE... by eti engineer
Started on: 07-25-2021 03:39 PM
Replies: 6 (434 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-26-2021 09:04 AM
eti engineer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eti engineerSend a Private Message to eti engineerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew that no matter how many pictures I took when I tore down my engine, I would miss something. Up until today, I was ok. Then I ran into the issue in the photo. These two vacuum lines go to nowhere. I had an issue before with some things but that is because the engine builder had a box of stuff that belonged on the engine that he forgot to give back to me when he was done. So, I have made good progress until I hit this snag. Any ideas? Is there something missing that the builder might still have that he forgot to give back to me?

It's an '88 GT.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CharginPegasus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharginPegasus88Send a Private Message to CharginPegasus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are supposed to go the the EGR control solenoid. There's supposed to be an electronic piece there that controls vacuum going to the EGR. Does your engine have the EGR deleted?

Stole this pic from another thread,

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula 2.8 intercooled turbo

eti engineer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eti engineerSend a Private Message to eti engineerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CharginPegasus88:

Those are supposed to go the the EGR control solenoid. There's supposed to be an electronic piece there that controls vacuum going to the EGR. Does your engine have the EGR deleted?

Stole this pic from another thread,

Chargin Pegasus 88

Thanks for the comeback. No, my EGR system is still intact. I will have to look and see if this piece is in the pile of stuff that remains. I do remember seeing it now, but it could have been on the engine when it was sent in for rebuild. I probably need to have this piece for sure, because I live in the psychotic state of CA and God forbid if I leave a piece of the puzzle undone. I appreciate your help!!! Thanks again
CharginPegasus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharginPegasus88Send a Private Message to CharginPegasus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem. Definitely try to find it if you have it, I think they're hard to find new at this point. I think one line goes to the EGR, one goes to the throttle body. Then there is a fresh air line that comes off the back of the solenoid and runs across the firewall to the air cleaner.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula 2.8 intercooled turbo

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out images in this thread...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/145280.html
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like mentioned above, those lines go to the EGR solenoid. There should also be an electrical plug for it.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without those lines connected to the solenoid, you have an open port to the throttle body. You will have an extremely high idle at startup. Consult your deck lid emissions decal and at a minimum, plug the line to the throttle body if you don't have the solenoid in time to do your startup.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock