difference between WCF 9" and 10" kits by lugnuts
Started on: 07-22-2021 08:47 PM
Replies: 9 (444 views)
Last post by: Mike in Sydney on 07-25-2021 02:09 AM
lugnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lugnutsSend a Private Message to lugnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was looking at these two kits and trying to figure out why the 10" is almost double the cost. is it really worth it for a slightly larger rotor? I am looking at these two because I have an 85GT and want to keep the stock wheels. should I just get the 9" kit which is 9 and 3/4, the 10" kit is 10 and 1/4.

https://westcoastfiero.com/...9-34-front-1984-1987
https://westcoastfiero.com/t/10-brake-kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't
lugnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lugnutsSend a Private Message to lugnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

Don't

Is that company that bad? I'd prefer to get the fiero store grand am kit but they don't seam to have it for sale any more.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might try contacting Sluppy123 on here. He makes brake adapter brackets and aluminum hubs....I purchased a set of them for my car and have been driving with them (Hard) for two years.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lugnuts:
Is that company that bad? I'd prefer to get the fiero store grand am kit but they don't seam to have it for sale any more.
WCF Bad? Use Search tells you fast.

TFS "Brake Upgrade" is/was nothing but to grab money from people w/o a clue. Parts of the "Grand Am Upgrade" covered in my Cave, Brake Upgrade that have many issues/problems.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

lugnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lugnutsSend a Private Message to lugnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lugnuts:
WCF Bad? Use Search tells you fast.

TFS "Brake Upgrade" is/was nothing but to grab money from people w/o a clue. Parts of the "Grand Am Upgrade" covered in my Cave, Brake Upgrade that have many issues/problems.

[/QUOTE]

well I read through all of that. So basically there is no option other then a full aftermarket system if one even exists. Oh well I was hoping one of these factory swaps would work. machining the hubs and the piston size were concerns of mine just wish there was a caliper that had the same piston size was available to allow for a larger vented rotor. I was just hoping there was something similar to what I was able to do with my 2nd gen Trans Am where I used a B-Body spindle that moves the factory caliper out slightly to allow the use of a 3rd gen 1LE rotor and get better braking performance without changing any of the physics of the system. And still fit factory wheels.

I guess I'll just look at getting better pads, any recommendations?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lugnuts:

I guess I'll just look at getting better pads, any recommendations?

On my '84 Indy, I did not want to change the basic hardware (rotors, calipers etc.)
I installed braided line brake hoses. I installed Porterfield R4-S brake pads.
https://www.porterfield-bra...eld+Brakes/R4-S.html

At the very least I have never felt like I was "running out of brake" at any time with these pads on the Indy...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few Aussies are running with ford calipers.
lugnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lugnutsSend a Private Message to lugnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

On my '84 Indy, I did not want to change the basic hardware (rotors, calipers etc.)
I installed braided line brake hoses. I installed Porterfield R4-S brake pads.
https://www.porterfield-bra...eld+Brakes/R4-S.html

At the very least I have never felt like I was "running out of brake" at any time with these pads on the Indy...

Thanks, On my other cars I've used EBC, Stoptech and Hawk pads but I didn't see anything for 84-87 with those. So I just ordered a set of the R4-S pads for the car.
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

A few Aussies are running with ford calipers.

Aus, you have a PM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock