EGR delete chip by Xenoblast
Started on: 07-21-2021 06:44 PM
Replies: 12 (533 views)
Last post by: traceymac on 08-23-2021 12:52 PM
Xenoblast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a recent forum post about an EGR solenoid replacement costing $80, and kinda using a jank solution, i am wondering if anyone knows where to get EGR delete chips. from browsing the forums, i found that the reddevilriver website used to sell them, but not anymore. i emailed them a while back about it and didnt get a response. my state has no emissions so im not worried about that.

1987 GT 5 speed

[This message has been edited by Xenoblast (edited 07-21-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will need to be tuned out, I do not think there is a chip just for this.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2021 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The EGR can be tuned out by raising the values of the temps and MAP reading in the constants tables for which the EGR operates It requires one to go into the chip program and change the values. With the right software like Tunercat its not hard to do. In other words it requires a custom modified program. I would just change the EGR solenoid and put a restrictor ring under the opening to the exhaust port to limit excessive exhaust gas from entering the air intake.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xenoblast:
With a recent forum post about an EGR solenoid replacement costing $80, and kinda using a jank solution, i am wondering if anyone knows where to get EGR delete chips. from browsing the forums, i found that the reddevilriver website used to sell them, but not anymore. i emailed them a while back about it and didnt get a response. my state has no emissions so im not worried about that.
Your state may not have Emissions rules but is Illegal to make/sell any Emission Delete parts.

US EPA has shut down and/or fine Big $ to many companies for making E-Delete parts including Magnaflow selling "off road" exhausts.
EPA doesn't care about any "off road" label parts that fit street cars.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The EGR can be tuned out by raising the values of the temps and MAP reading in the constants tables for which the EGR operates It requires one to go into the chip program and change the values. With the right software like Tunercat its not hard to do. In other words it requires a custom modified program. I would just change the EGR solenoid and put a restrictor ring under the opening to the exhaust port to limit excessive exhaust gas from entering the air intake.

How do i tune the chip? do i need to just connect one of those ecm scanner tools for the car to it and modify it there? or do i have to buy something to change the values in the chip.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How do i tune the chip? do i need to just connect one of those ecm scanner tools for the car to it and modify it there? or do i have to buy something to change the values in the chip.

On the old GM ECM's you need special equipment. You need an editing program, a chip programmer, a UV Chip eraser and most likely some new 2732 eprom chips. You read the chip with your editing program, make changes with the editor, save the new program and then burn a new unprogrammed chip. If you need to change the program and reuse the chip, you erase with a UV eraser , make changes, save and start programming again. Its an expensive process unless you intend to be involved in programming several times. The new PCM's are far easier to work with but stock Fieros don't use OBD2.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-22-2021).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try going here
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Try going here

After my experience with Ryan I would not trust that guy one bit.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of Phonedawgz (Reddevilriver) EGR delete chips for an 86 4 speed, don't know if it crosses to an 87 5 speed. Maybe others do & will chime in. You're welcome to it as I have no use for it.

------------------
1965 Tempest 400 CID
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6
2017 BMW X3 3.0 T
2015 BMW 535iX M Sport
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe 200K miles
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous 225K miles

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

I have one of Phonedawgz (Reddevilriver) EGR delete chips for an 86 4 speed, don't know if it crosses to an 87 5 speed. Maybe others do & will chime in. You're welcome to it as I have no use for it.

I looked up the ECUs for both years, and it seems the same. I dont think the ECU cares what transmission is in it just the type. I can pay the shipping for it. Thank you so much i hate the EGR system

I wanna wait for one of the regular members to confirm my thinking tho about the ECU first

[This message has been edited by Xenoblast (edited 07-25-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked up the ECUs for both years, and it seems the same. I dont think the ECU cares what transmission is in it just the type. I can pay the shipping for it. Thank you so much i hate the EGR system

I wanna wait for one of the regular members to confirm my thinking tho about the ECU first

The ECMs for the V6 engines are the same for the 86-88 model years. The only difference in the program is for the shift light vs the auto TC clutch activation signal. Te 85GT ECMs are different and they contain the knock sensor interface that is not used but it can be switched on and used with a knock sensor and added inline module hooked to the ECM .

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

PFF
System Bot
Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

Email sent.
traceymac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2021 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for traceymacSend a Private Message to traceymacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rather than delete, I saw post that says use 88 s-10 vs12 delco 214365 control module with pigtail delco pt1136. says to hardwire pigtale due to original is female vs new is male. what wires go where ? or is there a vs6 version egr controller that will just plug in to my exsisting plug ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock