3800 PCM Programming by Matthew_Fiero
Started on: 06-21-2021 03:26 PM
Replies: 8 (469 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-02-2024 07:45 PM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2021 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction here.

Several years ago I sent my PCM out for programming to adapt the PCM to manual transmission, delete passkey, 2nd O2, evap, EGR and boost.

I have taken the engine out (see below) and I am in the process of rewiring using a 3800 harness I finally aquired.

Meanwhile, I'm adding the EGR and evap to the engine snce I found my Fiero evap parts and now have time to do it.

Since the codes were deleted from the PCM, would the evap system still function? Of course I'm wiring in and installing the purge solenoid and the evap switch so they will be connected to the PCM.

Same question for the EGR. Will it function?

The programmer forgot to delete the O2 so I was throwing a code until I installed an O2 simulator.

Is there anyone here who knows or could take my PCM (in Canada) and re add in the evap, EGR and boost and delete the 2nd O2?

If the above components will still function, I would like to entertain the idea of someone simply removing the 2nd O2 if possible.

I am in the initial stages of researching HP Tuners. I'm going to check to see if deleting codes is a simple process and if so maybe I'll invest in a MPVI2.

Below posting a picture of my current setup. It's been a while since I posted pictures of my project . It runs great, the harness was just a hot mess.

Thanks everyone for reading!

Matthew

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bmyers

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2021 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmyersSend a Private Message to bmyersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This person did my programming and is in Canada.

https://www.facebook.com/danny.mcilmoyle

------------------
Brian

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryan Gick

sp1@gmtuners.com
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Ryan Gick

sp1@gmtuners.com

I think Ryan has gone quiet for quite some time.

Anyone know otherwise?
Bake1782

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2021 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bake1782Send a Private Message to Bake1782Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply deleting the codes is really easy in HP Tuners. You only need to access the code list ( a tab in VCM Suite) and change the drop down for the codes you want.

You may need to achange a temp setting or 2 for the EGR depending on what the person did.

IMO HP tuners is WELL WORTH the money. It'll cost more money up front, but will save you headaches down the road if you need to change something else (fan settings or you decide to mod the engine).

Also the VCM Scanner is really good IMO and can help troubleshoot issues in the future.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for everyone's advice!

I will eventually (soon) get into HP Tuners. That's exciting.

As for the programming the only unknown at this time that I would like to sort out if the programmer set the PPM output to 4000.

Happy Canada Day!

Matthew_Fiero
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2021 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tuning with HP Tuners editing suite is very easy. OBD2 is much easier to work with than OBD1,You can turn off and on just about any DTC function with just a click of the mouse. Fueling is adjusted primarily by making changes to the MAF table/curve and there is a separate table for timing that rarely needs adjustment. Adjusting for tire size is also a breeze. If you get HP tuners I would be happy to walk you thought the tuning process.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone. Happy spring!

The PCM currently in my 85 is throwing the O2 sensor code P0420 and the speed signal coming from the PCM is 1/4 of the actual speed.

I believe the programming was not performed properly on this and I was wondering if anyone had some advise on how I can get this sorted out. This is a long standing problem for 10+ years now. I spoke with multiple people during the 40th about this and couldn't find anyone else with the same issue or knew how I could come to a soultion.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated! The O2 code having to be cleared every time I run the car is starting to get old and I'd love to get this resolved.

Thank you very much in advance for looking.

Edit: I would like to try and avoid HP Tuners as the cost is rather high that may or may not be able to resolve this.

Matthew

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Fiero (edited 04-02-2024).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Ryan Gick at Sinister Performance.
For my money, he is the only tuner to use.
He knows his stuff.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock