Where to get rear brake calipers for 1988 formula by Benn2002
Started on: 06-04-2021 05:00 PM
Replies: 9 (181 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 06-10-2021 07:49 PM
Benn2002

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2021 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Benn2002Click Here to Email Benn2002Send a Private Message to Benn2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I need help sourcing 1988 brake calipers, I tried the fiero store, they don't have any in stock and I can't find any anywhere! I would like a new/rebuilt pair. Any ideas??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2021 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used Calipers Online last time (2017), but this was when it was still possible to get NOS. Looks like only remanufactered are available now.

http://calipersonline.com/pontiacfiero.aspx

Benn2002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2021 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Benn2002Click Here to Email Benn2002Send a Private Message to Benn2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

I used Calipers Online last time (2017), but this was when it was still possible to get NOS. Looks like only remanufactered are available now.

I would do it, but it looks like you have to send in yours to buy those, I don't want to send mine anywhere, I just want some remanufactured ones that I can buy, I don't care about an extra core charge.
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2021 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MClick Here to Email Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like carparts.com has used ones at various yards. You could rebuild them or use them as cores.
Benn2002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Benn2002Click Here to Email Benn2002Send a Private Message to Benn2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daryl M:

Looks like carparts.com has used ones at various yards. You could rebuild them or use them as cores.

Well they had a rear driver's side, so I bought that, now I'm just in search of a rear passenger side one lol
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2021 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartClick Here to Email reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

Calipers Online never had NOS rears (just fronts)
ArthurPeale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2021 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArthurPealeClick Here to Email ArthurPealeSend a Private Message to ArthurPealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Benn2002:

I would do it, but it looks like you have to send in yours to buy those, I don't want to send mine anywhere, I just want some remanufactured ones that I can buy, I don't care about an extra core charge.

They're just covering their bases; so many people aren't sending in their cores for the Fiero calipers to be rebuilt that eventually they won't be able to sell them, due to no product.

This is the first I've heard about preemptive cores - but, I can't say I blame them.
Benn2002

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Benn2002Click Here to Email Benn2002Send a Private Message to Benn2002Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ArthurPeale:

They're just covering their bases; so many people aren't sending in their cores for the Fiero calipers to be rebuilt that eventually they won't be able to sell them, due to no product.

This is the first I've heard about preemptive cores - but, I can't say I blame them.

I totally agree and understand, but Its my only car, and can't have it down for awhile. It's what I get for dailying a fiero I guess lol. But still haven't found any! I can't even find cores to send somewhere, it's absurd.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Click Here to Email fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Calipers Online never had NOS rears (just fronts)

Your right...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Benn2002:
I totally agree and understand, but Its my only car, and can't have it down for awhile. It's what I get for dailying a fiero I guess lol. But still haven't found any! I can't even find cores to send somewhere, it's absurd.

If you need to have a rear caliper off for a while, you can swap one of the more common 88 front calipers to the rear. Bolts right on, same piston diameter (no bias issues) and it will work just like stock, but you won't have the parking brake (which might not be working anyway). Quite a few people run 88 front calipers on all 4 corners.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock