Tcc solenoid by meadeka
Started on: 05-02-2021 08:09 AM
Replies: 5 (246 views)
Last post by: theogre on 05-03-2021 08:22 PM
meadeka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I’m replacing my tcc solenoid when I get off work.... I realized how much work I’m gonna have to put into this fiero. Also for every part and bolt I take off what should I use to clean it? I want my fiero to be nice. Once I get this solenoid again I would like to figure out what I need to make it drive a lot smoother and not sketchy.... I drove my fiero for the first time yesterday for about 30-35 mins. what should I do for the handling? Only reason I want better handling is because I want it to feel safer when driving especially when I swap it sometime down the road. And help would be appreciated!

------------------
Kaiden Meade

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may have to remove the plastic case connector to plug in the new solenoid harness. It is brittle from age and heat, so if you have to replace it, and it's a good idea to while you're in there, the only place I have been able to find it is at TransStar Industries. They have locations around the country. I believe there is one in St. Louis. Otherwise, Norcross, Ga.
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any suggestions on the handling aspect I mentioned above as well?

------------------
Kaiden Meade

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most straightforward baic things to do for handling are to refresh all the suspension bushings, replace the shocks and struts. Be sure your tie rod ends and ball joints are in good condition and get a good alignment.

Sometimes we mistake bad roads for bad handling. Driving on major truck routes can cause the car to try to dart back and forth as it tries to climb out of the ruts created by the heavy loads of the trucks. Being a narrower wheel base, it doesn't run in the same tracks.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by meadeka:

what should I do for the handling?

Start with the basics, as mentioned by fierofool. If you wish to take it a step further, install a rear sway bar. There are plenty of threads here covering how it's done.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
⚠️ Warning: TCC solenoid Must be installed correctly.
This like many have a Diode that will fry if installed wrong and ECM can die next because Solenoid has no "surge protection" AKA a "fly back" diode.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock