Started on: 05-01-2021 12:53 PM
Replies: 7 (481 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-26-2022 05:46 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it was time for my first fill-up of the season, and I smelled gas.
It seems my 1-1/2" filler hose developed a small crack in it and was seeping gas.

Not my pic, but I saw something similar when I got under the car.
It's a tight squeeze to work in when you aren't dropping the tank.

I wanted to fix this fast and only needed the larger hose (not the Fiero Store 2-hose part)
You need to buy 1-1/2" ID fuel filler hose elbow (cut to fit) that you can buy anywhere.
I had my car fixed the same day.

Gates #24715
Continental #59205

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-01-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent idea to replace the 30+ yr old fuel filler hose. We have read reports of fires caused by this hose leaking.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is an old post but does anybody have a part number for the smaller hose ? Or substitute? I know the Fiero Store has the set, but honestly I was not impressed with the quality of their radiator or heater hoses. Not taking a chance with fuel hose.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2022 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is 1/2" 90° gas hose. Don't use heater or other types.

try Jeggs etc for this.
Maye Gates has but email them or their web contact section.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Craig71188

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.fillerneck supply.com
Site was down for maintenance this morning, but have used them several times for fuel cell plumbing bits - good service and prices. Great selection compared to most places.

Gates is also a great source for "stuff", but you really need to go to the Gates site to find what you need - few resellers catalogue "universal" parts well. I have found a good deal on their stuff "if" I get a part number, then search it on RockAuto.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fillernecksupply.com and yes is down this morning...
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, finding a 1/2” elbow was hard…..but finally found this.

https://www.retromotioninno...riant=30325925838951
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2022 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cheap for size and shapes
The whole thing looks like an old snake game...

(edit shrink & rotate)

https://www.coolmathgames.com/0-snake

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock