AC wirung for V6 by ZaraSpOOk
Started on: 04-25-2021 09:22 PM
Replies: 4 (376 views)
Last post by: jonnyp on 04-30-2021 10:31 PM
ZaraSpOOk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaraSpOOkSend a Private Message to ZaraSpOOkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a cradle drop and everything is fine except I can;t get one of the wires attached to the AC unit, does anybody have a picture of the back and of the unit where the wires go?
I am working blind, can feel but not see.
1988 V6
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You disconnected the wire harness from the engine for the cradle drop?
ZaraSpOOk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaraSpOOkSend a Private Message to ZaraSpOOkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry I should have been more specific.
there are three connections to AC compressor, one o the "front" or passenger side of car
then there are two single pin connectors on the "back" side (toward front of car), one is pin shaped (AC FAN), the other mushroom shaped (high pressure)

it's the high pressure conn I can't make, I believe it goes to the mushroom shaped pin rather than the straight pin
I can't see the area, but can feel

if some one could post a pic of this area of he AC compressor, where the two single pin conn go, I'd appreciate it

[This message has been edited by ZaraSpOOk (edited 04-26-2021).]

ZaraSpOOk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2021 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZaraSpOOkSend a Private Message to ZaraSpOOkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is a pic of the two connectors

the one on the left is the one I'm trying to connect
I can't seem to make contact, is it possible one of the connectors will plug into the wrong one?
I have made connection to the one on the right but the remaining connector will not fit on the one on the right, do I have them mixed up or is it just because I can't see what I'm doing?
If you have a pic of the area where these connectors go, I'd appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by ZaraSpOOk (edited 04-30-2021).]

jonnyp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2021 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonnypSend a Private Message to jonnypEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture from underneath an 88GT. The round connector goes to the red pin, and the connector with the green wire goes to the "mushroom" shape.

Hope this helps,

JP

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock