No clutch pressure after 12 hours + empty reservoir by 842m4SE
Started on: 04-07-2021 02:23 PM
Replies: 2 (106 views)
Last post by: 842m4SE on 04-07-2021 03:50 PM
842m4SE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been working on my Fiero's clutch for a few days now, both using pedal and vacuum bleeding to try to get the clutch to work, and finishing it off by pushing in the slave cylinder rod. Vacuum bleeding seemed to work, and I was able to get approximately an inch of travel out of the slave cylinder rod, not enough to go into gear, but in the morning the master reservoir is empty and the pedal has no pressure whatsoever. I checked in the common problem areas - the master cylinder boot and where the lines screw in to the clutch cylinders, but I couldn't find signs of leaks or loose fittings, and the clutch pedal is a bit depressed, but I don't think bent enough to cause an issue. When I bought the car it had been sitting for 23 years under a tree, parked because of a broken master cylinder rod but it had still had fluid in it then. Since then I have replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders and bled the system many times but it has not seemed to work. What would be good things or areas to check?

[This message has been edited by 842m4SE (edited 04-07-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Santucci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fluid has to be going someplace, it doesn't just evaporate! Is it running down the front floor on the inside of the car? If the car was parked in the grass, is the fluid line under the car porous?
842m4SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 842m4SESend a Private Message to 842m4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Santucci:

The fluid has to be going someplace, it doesn't just evaporate! Is it running down the front floor on the inside of the car? If the car was parked in the grass, is the fluid line under the car porous?

It doesn't look to be inside the car at all, I've checked the carpet and behind the insulation and it doesn't feel or look wet, or have any brake fluid residue on it. I'll set up some cardboard under the lines to check for leaks. If fluid is leaking, does that mean air is coming in?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock