Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Left Front Directional and Parking Lights only working when Turn Signal is on.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Left Front Directional and Parking Lights only working when Turn Signal is on. by Steelers8
Started on: 04-05-2021 08:53 AM
Replies: 10 (187 views)
Last post by: Steelers8 on 04-07-2021 11:03 PM
Steelers8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pulled all bulbs to replace since I just bought it and now not working. Parking light now has power to both pins until I put Directional on. I am sure it is a ground bad right?

------------------
KCBSR

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sledgehammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a ground problem, However, try your 4 way flasher. If all directional bulbs flash normally then actual problem may be your turn signal flasher located under the dash.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Iffy sockets often have ground problems... for front back or all.
See my Cave, Lighbulbs and Sneak Path

84 also have relays in back to use 3 bulbs per side for brake/turn.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Tony Santucci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steelers8:

I just pulled all bulbs to replace since I just bought it and now not working. Parking light now has power to both pins until I put Directional on. I am sure it is a ground bad right?

What year?

Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you using LED bulbs. Also, it's a long shot but have you checked or replaced the blinker relay? It's near the fuse panel on the left side of the car.
Tony Santucci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure the Park/Turn lamp bulbs and stop/tail/turn bulbs are dual filament bulbs. 1157 or whatever.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Santucci:
Make sure the Park/Turn lamp bulbs and stop/tail/turn bulbs are dual filament bulbs. 1157 or whatever.
2057 is OE but 1157 or 2357 works.

2357 is bit brighter bulb often use to "upgrade" Fiero and others. May not be legal but no-one cares if used w/ red lenses. (Amber lenses like GT rear taillight set + brighter bulbs often blinds other drivers. almost as bad as crap headlights.)

LED's causes or have many problems even ignoring illegal for street use.
Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all! It was the front left directional socket even though it looked good! Much more to do so I will be asking for additional help.

------------------
KCBSR

Xenoblast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steelers8:

Thank you all! It was the front left directional socket even though it looked good! Much more to do so I will be asking for additional help.

What did you do to the socket to fix it? Im having the same problem but with the front right bulb.
Steelers8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steelers8Send a Private Message to Steelers8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I changed it. Everything looked good and I changed it anyway and works now. I found a lot or corrosion under the rubber boot that you couldn’t see so that was the problem. My directional was lit up on the dash so if that is what you have I am sure it is the same thing.

------------------
KCBSR

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay