Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Grounding new Flasher unit, where can I ground it?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Grounding new Flasher unit, where can I ground it? by CZSeventyFive
Started on: 04-03-2021 04:12 PM
Replies: 8 (177 views)
Last post by: tlj_82 on 04-04-2021 08:11 PM
CZSeventyFive

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CZSeventyFiveSend a Private Message to CZSeventyFiveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85 GT. Got an NSL Performance taillight LED kit, and for the included flasher unit there's a ground wire. My question is, where could I ground it? The wire is a bit short but I know I could extend it, but I'm not super positive as to where I can ground it under the steering. There's a couple spots I could maybe drill a hole, not sure if they're right and not sure if there's an existing screw I can tighten the fork under.

God forbid, I could just add an extension and use electrical tape to latch it onto something. There's a lot of plastic under here though, not a lot of metal. Wondering what my options could be.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by CZSeventyFive (edited 04-03-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The studs for the steering column should do the trick. Might have to cut off that spade and crimp on a larger one.

Also, please tell me you're going to remove that red rubber nub from the courtesy lamp on the fusebox. That's gonna melt.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 04-03-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to suggest this too... Just didn't feel like editing a photo
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

I was going to suggest this too... Just didn't feel like editing a photo

Picture can be worth a kiloword, easier than saying "the nut on the stud in the upper right sort of center of the screen" =))

-- A
CZSeventyFive

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CZSeventyFiveSend a Private Message to CZSeventyFiveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah okay, I did think about it but wasnt sure if that spot was grounded. I have more forks so cool, thanks man. I'll put it there.

Also yah, the light is from the previous owner, it doesn't actually seem to be paint, and it's not a rubber nub. Some kind of coating. I knew it glowed red down below but this was the first time I noticed that they coated the bulb. He painted red over the one of the interior lights too for some reason, lol.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CZSeventyFive:

......it doesn't actually seem to be paint, and it's not a rubber nub. Some kind of coating.

It's WAS a cover, now it's melted to be a part of the bulb
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CZSeventyFive:

I knew it glowed red down below but this was the first time I noticed that they coated the bulb. He painted red over the one of the interior lights too for some reason, lol.

Presumably wanted pimpy colored interior lights. Were it me, I'd replace it with a regular 194 bulb, which is the same size but less power (= cooler) than a 168.

-- A

CZSeventyFive

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CZSeventyFiveSend a Private Message to CZSeventyFiveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, probably past worrying about then until I get to the interior at large. Admittedly it has a nice outrun vibe, but it won't stay.
tlj_82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tlj_82Send a Private Message to tlj_82Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sssesssssssssssssssssiit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock