my 1st 3800sc swap by JOHNSALAS
Started on: 03-30-2021 08:48 PM
Replies: 3 (132 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 03-30-2021 11:27 PM
JOHNSALAS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2021 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JOHNSALASSend a Private Message to JOHNSALASEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, ok I've owned a few Fieros back in the day. But I just picked up a 85 GT 5sp and I want to do a 3800sc swap. I already had the motor and harness pulled from a 99 GTP. now my main question is... Can I use the fuel pump out of the donor car? the 3800sc pump? Also I plan to port and polish the heads, charger, change the cam, and smaller pully... what cam do you guys suggest and what size pully?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2021 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JOHNSALAS:.. Can I use the fuel pump out of the donor car?

You're kidding right? With all the serious mods you listed why would you trust a used fuel pump from a car that's over 20 years old?
That's the first thing to be activated when you turn the key on. Why risk it or worse down the road later on? Money doesn't seem to be an issue and they are not expensive. Best of luck on your build.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

JOHNSALAS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JOHNSALASSend a Private Message to JOHNSALASEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nooo I wasn't going to use that one, a new one but for that car. sorry I didnt explain myself completely
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2021 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This clip was posted by Darth Fiero. Check out his site. Here's the link. Lots of good stuff.
http://www.gmtuners.com/

As I have stated in countless other threads... PLEASE - do NOT use an EP-376 fuel pump with a 3800 SC swap. Just use an EP-381 instead (as long as you aren't making more than about 300 crank HP).

If your 3800 SC is going to make more than 300 crank HP, you will need a higher volume pump than an EP-381 and there are plenty of different aftermarket performance pumps out there to choose from.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 03-30-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock