Inner Door Handle Swap ? by str8maxn
Started on: 03-29-2021 01:25 PM
Replies: 6 (235 views)
Last post by: str8maxn on 04-02-2021 12:39 AM
str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

While at the junk yard ... I came across these inner door handles; I think they fit the Fiero very nicely. They come from a 2004 Cadillac SXT SUV.

They are a bit taller but I think I can added a spacer between the door panel and the handle. My only obstacle is the stock unlock and lock level on the Fiero.
How can I get round this?
Any Pics or links of inner door handle swaps would be appreciate

[This message has been edited by str8maxn (edited 03-29-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya sorry this seems like a waste of time. not nice enough looking to be worthy of wrecking the interior.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose if just want to rely on the electric locks you could remove the whole rod from the mechanism. If for some reason the electric locks failed, you could unroll your window and use the key. Most modern cars have a type of manual lock, but is still nothing more than a switch that operates a solenoid.

[This message has been edited by da.slyboy (edited 03-29-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving doors are locked because why not. Batt cable comes loose. Car dies power windows are rolled up. No escape.... RIP OP.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2021 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The biggest issue I see is the handle opens the wrong way or is that the passenger Caddy door you've photographed? The handle pushes the lever back on a Fiero but looks like the Caddy would pull the lever forward. Maybe you could switch and use the passenger handle on the driver's side?

Originally posted by skywurz:

Driving doors are locked because why not. Batt cable comes loose. Car dies power windows are rolled up. No escape.... RIP OP.

Might as well get a Tesla if you want to get locked inside your car and die while it burns to the ground.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2021 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plus the new one uses a cable, the Fiero handle is attached to a steel bar. No easy way to convert them.
str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

plus the new one uses a cable, the Fiero handle is attached to a steel bar. No easy way to convert them.

The new one also using a steel bar... Got that too ... was thing I could somehow mate both together to make it work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock