Just picked up a Notchie.... by str8maxn
Started on: 03-21-2021 10:37 PM
Replies: 7 (264 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-23-2021 02:21 PM
str8maxn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone...

I just picked up my new 1985 Notchie. She's has an LT1 out of a 93 vette with a 4 speed. She has Vette front brakes with only a big bore Master Cylinder. I have a C-10 booster for it but... I'll save the questions for another thread.

Paint is in very great shape but the interior didn't fair so great. But I'm already in the process of redoing it. I have the car completely gutted.

The rear wing will be getting replaced. I am still on the fence regarding the exhaust tips. The dual 4" tips...

What do you guys think ; Keep or replace?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by str8maxn:

What do you guys think ; Keep or replace?

I say dump those puny photos (and whatever image host you're using), and use the great built-in PFF image hosting service!
str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
better?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

better?

Much!

I am still on the fence regarding the exhaust tips. The dual 4" tips...

Those four large juice cans are kind of over the top.

Perhaps the wide angle of the photos has distorted the perspective, but the rear camber looks rather skewed. Are the tops of the rear tires actually angled outwards?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-22-2021).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Perhaps the wide angle of the photos has distorted the perspective, but the rear camber looks rather skewed. Are the tops of the rear tires actually angled outwards?
Yes, alignment looks way out.
If true, often has too big tires/rims and can't adjust camber right w/o tires hitting springs etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep the exhaust tips are a little over the top.

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2021 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... I agree on the tips... I'm thinking removing and maybe just only one 4" exhaust tip centered.

With regards to the alignment; Previous owner stated he recently had it aligned prior to sale.
It's currently setting on 19" wheels. Do you think this is the cause?

[This message has been edited by str8maxn (edited 03-23-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking removing and maybe just only one 4" exhaust tip centered.

IMO... 4" tips look silly enough on an import, let alone a domestic car. Way too much of a ricer look.

With regards to the alignment; Previous owner stated he recently had it aligned prior to sale.

If the rear wheels are actually angled out from the top like the photos seem to show, I can't believe that a proper wheel alignment has been done.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-23-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock