84 Fuel tank hose connections by Roger Walling
Started on: 02-24-2021 05:10 PM
Replies: 13 (443 views)
Last post by: V8Steve on 03-15-2021 03:48 PM
Roger Walling

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have removed the engine and replaced it with a 305 Chevy in the passenger seat area (see photo)

I am now connecting up the fabricated gas tank and I know which line is the fuel, but I don't know which of the other two can be used for a vent. The large one is fuel, then there is a medium-size oneand a small diameter one.

Is the original cap vented or not?

Thanks for the help,
Roger

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The small line went to the charcoal canister.
Got any more pictures?
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool car. Got any more pics?

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

longjonsilver

1064 posts
Member since Nov 2001
There are 5 hoses going to the Fiero fuel tank. The fill hose(biggest), the vent for the fill(next biggest), the fuel send(the next biggest), the fuel return and the tank vent line going to the canister(both of these are small. Dunno how to tell you which are which exactly. i got some new hoses ordered from the Fiero Store. Maybe Monday....
jn

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gull 757, Thank you for the info.
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Roger Walling

36 posts
Member since Apr 2020
thanks for the info

I can't figure how to post pics, I did it once and I don't remember how I did it.

[This message has been edited by Roger Walling (edited 02-27-2021).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Roger Walling:

I can't figure how to post pics, I did it once and I don't remember how I did it.

Not this way.

Originally posted by Roger Walling Here:

[img][/img]

Click "Upload Image" located below the posting text box.
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pic's requested'
305 chev with 84 Corvette rear suspention
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Roger Walling

36 posts
Member since Apr 2020
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! A drag car equipped with headlights and a windshield wiper......

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-02-2021).]

Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2021 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not a drag car, it is a street machine. It rides like a baby carriage. (with the oFerio engine, haven't driven it yet with the 305.
PFF
System Bot
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics. The more i see the more i like it. Good use of enuf original parts to make it identifiable, yet original. Sweet!
jon
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the original parts used spaced for welding

V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2021 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like this build!

------------------
88GT 355 CI Sequential Holley HP Multiport EFI, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 320 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock