Project 2 GTs 1 Spot by skywurz
Started on: 11-07-2020 09:23 PM
Replies: 84 (2083 views)
Last post by: skywurz on 07-09-2022 04:54 PM
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I got the wheels swapped around today.

I decided to take it for smog where It failed 15mph with high NOx

I pulled the EGR to check it and it bench tests ok however it had a big ol leak at the gasket

absolutely no gasket left

I think this leak plus 2yo gas is probably my issue. I will be adding some fresh gas and replacing this gasket and going again. Also probably did not help it was 90F outside.

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 07-01-2022).]

IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:
I think this leak plus 2yo gas is probably my issue. I will be adding some fresh gas and replacing this gasket and going again. Also probably did not help it was 90F outside.

Fill up with premium gas. It will tend to burn cooler, which will help with the NOx readings.
Also check the rubber fittings in the EGR "circuit" - especially the rubber elbow at the throttle body. That one caused me to fail repeatedly, until I realized it was a loose fit on the plastic tubing as well as the TB.
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Fill up with premium gas. It will tend to burn cooler, which will help with the NOx readings.
Also check the rubber fittings in the EGR "circuit" - especially the rubber elbow at the throttle body. That one caused me to fail repeatedly, until I realized it was a loose fit on the plastic tubing as well as the TB.

Yeah just failed again with better gas. Turns out the smog shop owner has a Fiero so he checked a couple things and double checked a couple things with me and I think its the solenoid. Gonna pull bench test confirm then pull one from the shelf and bench test
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

skywurz

1030 posts
Member since Feb 2006
All smogged up

Now posting it for sale

------------------
See my Fiero Proluge on my personal site: http://skywurz.com/node/114
See my GT Build https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144556.html
See my Wife's 85SE Build https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144704.html

skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2022 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And its gone to what I believe will be a really good home up north.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock