Started on: 05-17-2020 07:27 PM
Replies: 10 (655 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 05-29-2020 05:24 PM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came across these today and thought it may interest some.
https://www.wc-autoparts.co...tachometer-problems/

EDIT: They have new boards for 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines listed.

They have other Fiero items as well.
I've had no dealing with these guys. (think it's Chris Eddy's board)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/138292.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chris Eddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, one of those is my design. I got as far as testing, but it just did not seem to garner any interest, so it just got parked.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Eddy:

Yes, one of those is my design. I got as far as testing, but it just did not seem to garner any interest, so it just got parked.

You weren't interested enough to finish it even just for your own Fiero?

I remember that thread.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Eddy:

I got as far as testing, but it just did not seem to garner any interest, so it just got parked.

Chris, I feel I owe you an apology. I forget the exact time frame involved... but when I sent the first test board back to you, there was a delay of some sort before the replacement test board arrived here. And by that time I believe, my Formula was under wraps (literally) for the winter. I was driving another car while the Formula was stowed... and then one thing led to another and eventually the only car I had driveable was the Formula... and I didn't want to be pulling the instrument cluster when it was the one car I was using. Life then seemed to get in the way of doing car stuff. Looking back, I don't know where all the time has gone.

Anyway Chris, I'm very sorry if I contributed to the problem.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-26-2020).]

Chris Eddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2020 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Patrick, not at all.. it was not something that you did, I just did not see much general interest.. and my tach works, and on top of that, Cajun and I are working towards the Riviera digital dash.. which is mostly working with a few details we are working through. So I just decided to wait for the digital dash.
Almost there..
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I admit I haven't read anything on the website, but why is it necessary to introduce logic into the tachometer? It's a simple filter.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
I admit I haven't read anything on the website, but why is it necessary to introduce logic into the tachometer? It's a simple filter.
The tach board Has Always been "Logic Driven" w/ a "chip" to drive the meter (likely same silicon to drive Speedo Meter section) and new board fixes a "dead" board.

HEI Tach Filter on Distributor engines is another part completely that dies.
DIS engines Do Not have this filter like 87-88 L4 and some Engine Swaps for Fiero.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 05-27-2020).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would be nice is a board for V8 owners.
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Coulda sworn the links above offer an option to precalibrate for V8's. Or am I missing something?

-- A
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

The tach board Has Always been "Logic Driven" w/ a "chip" to drive the meter (likely same silicon to drive Speedo Meter section) and new board fixes a "dead" board.

Oh I misread. I thought they were talking about the tach filter.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

They have new boards for 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engines listed.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock