Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Back in the Fiero Game after a few years (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Back in the Fiero Game after a few years by 86FieroCentPa
Started on: 12-08-2019 07:31 PM
Replies: 48 (1775 views)
Last post by: 86FieroCentPa on 04-08-2021 05:27 PM
86FieroCentPa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

She's not running right, but she does run
EDIT - What a great page 2

[This message has been edited by 86FieroCentPa (edited 09-19-2020).]

IP: Logged
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome to see it running! Unfortunately life got in the way on my car and I had to pack it away for the winter already, but I should be running before the summer next year. Keep it up and I'm really interested to see how your tuning goes given that my engine is basically a turbo swapped LSJ at this point.
86FieroCentPa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2020 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That sounds much better. Got on the phone with Haltech customer support and in the first 5 minutes they had me straightened out. I realize their ECUs are a bit more expensive than running some type of factory ECU but just this support experience alone justified much of the cost.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, what was it that was up at first?
Is it able to use the canned 2.4L ecotech trigger profile?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Lost this thread, until now. (We moved out to the sticks about the time that the governor locked the state of GA down for COVID, and have been busy planning and building stuff, since.)
It's looking great, and sounding even better! Congrats on your successful test fire. That's some nice craftsmanship.
86FieroCentPa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's been awhile since an update; that's largely due in part to the above images. I've been waiting on my axles to arrive, but they're here and they fit great. They're custom Driveshaft Shop units, based on their Cobalt SS Level 2 axles. It looks like I might be able to get this thing to move under its own power this year if I can find some time in the next couple weeks to button a few things up.
86FieroCentPa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86FieroCentPa

237 posts
Member since Dec 2006

Originally posted by KillerFrogg:

Just out of curiosity, what was it that was up at first?
Is it able to use the canned 2.4L ecotech trigger profile?

I had the rising/falling edge wrong on the cam sensor. I can PM you my setup since it should be almost exactly the same. The 2.4L trigger profile they have works just fine, though the relationship between the cam and crank signals are different between the LE5 and LSJ.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job and a really nice car. If you decide to come to the Fieros at Carlisle Show on Sat June 26th 2020 I would look forward to seeing it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

86FieroCentPa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroCentPaSend a Private Message to 86FieroCentPaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 86FieroCentPa (edited 04-08-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock