Started on: 10-09-2019 01:27 PM
Replies: 8 (362 views)
Last post by: Threedog on 10-13-2019 01:09 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my 87, I updated my front brakes(to corvette c5 brakes) , brake booster, and master cylinder, and now I am on to the rear brakes, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I need bigger brakes to even out the braking power, and was planning on using the LeBarron upgrade, but Archie cant find someone to make the brackets(I have been checking with him for months now). Originally, I wanted to keep the parking brake, but at this point I just don't care. I know there are a bunch of different upgrades for the rear brakes, but which ones can I actually get the parts for?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Grand Am swap
Johns 4.9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johns 4.9Click Here to visit Johns 4.9's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johns 4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog,
PM sent,
John
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look in the archives for the '85 Cadillac Seville brake swap for the rear. With this swap you can use the e-brake. You may need to change the cables for something a bit longer. Member DPWood makes adapter mounting brackets. You should look at Ogre's cave for brake swaps. Lots of great information in the cave.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2019 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May not be entirely what you're looking for, but certainly larger / better than stock:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/143047.html

You'd be using the front brakes for an Olds Cutlass Ciera, which are vented and larger diameter.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help guys, I overlooked the Grand Am brakes, but they may be a good backup in case this next source of Lebarron parts fizzles out..
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog

1282 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Thanks again for the help guys.

One final question. I got a pair of the brackets for the LeBaron upgrade, but I have heard there are a few different calipers I can use(including Camaro, Seville, etc). What is the best solution that preserves the E-Brake?

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 10-10-2019).]

Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2019 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1985 Cadillac Seville rear calipers
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2019 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks y'all!

Super helpful, per usual.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock