'86 GT 2.8 Mystery Unhooked Pipe by scottd
Started on: 08-19-2019 12:08 PM
Replies: 5 (666 views)
Last post by: RidesSubs on 08-21-2019 12:40 PM
scottd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2019 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know what this unplugged pipe is used for? Just found this on my 86 GT. It is on the firewall toward the driver side middle.
Image of unplugged pipe here

My first thought was a coolant tube, but that would make no sense as the car works perfectly. This must be AC, as it is the only thing that does not work on the car. I thought all the AC lines were hard piped though.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by scottd (edited 08-19-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2019 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That used to be part of the PCV system. But the PCV hose routing was changed with a recall. So that's just dead weight now..
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2019 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully that pipe was disconnected from your air filter canister during the recall (and the canister hole plugged), otherwise that uncapped pipe has been allowing outside unfiltered air to enter into the filtered side of your air intake system all these years.
scottd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2019 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottdClick Here to visit scottd's HomePageSend a Private Message to scottdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info guys! I will double check that it is capped off as that could be really bad. I appreciate the help.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2019 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

That used to be part of the PCV system. But the PCV hose routing was changed with a recall. So that's just dead weight now..

More here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000032.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

RidesSubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2019 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidesSubsSend a Private Message to RidesSubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was about to ask the same question for my 85. Pipe is routed a little differently but definitely connects to air cleaner. Going out to check if it's plugged now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock