Any update on this from 2 years ago?
Mine is doing the same thing, here is what I found from a preliminary diagnosis without removing master cylinder from car...(Note: Everything is installed correctly and adjusted properly)
- Pedal is not bent and has new bushings
- All connections are clean, smooth, and greased
- Thought it was the new brass banjo bushing where it connects to pedal
- Tried different pedal / banjo positions with different washers and noise remains
- Disconnected banjo from pedal and can make noise moving rod inside master cylinder
It feels like the rod is "clicking" where it goes into the master cylinder, almost as if there is a ledge or burr, so when you apply pressure with your foot the rod "clicks" into seat on master cylinder cup. Basically it feels like the rod and cup don't have smooth mating surfaces.
Here are 3 videos I uploaded to YouTube...
1. Moving the pedal by hand with rod attached... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAdJfPYthY
2. Moving the rod by hand with it detached from pedal... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH9cUjh5FOY
3. Moving the pedal with foot with rod attached... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IttP9MR7qcE
Rodney is sending me another to compare / investigate and will post the findings.
[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 08-19-2021).]