Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Lost the lights in the front right of the car.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lost the lights in the front right of the car. by Threedog
Started on: 07-01-2019 03:42 PM
Replies: 4 (152 views)
Last post by: Threedog on 07-05-2019 06:56 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I did some work on my Fiero over the spring, and I can't seem to get power to the front right set of lights on the car. (Both the forward facing and sidemarker turn signal do not go on)

I removed the front wiring harness when I repainted the front compartment, so it is very possible this is my fault.. Before, the lights 100% worked. However now they do not.

No matter what I do, I can not get them to turn on under any circumstances. Park, turn signal, in run, you name it, neither light comes on. I have checked all of the grounds for the front compartment, and they all check out good. Additionally, the headlight, headlight motor, and horn on that side work. I tried swapping the bulbs, and that didn't change anything ether(pass side bulb worked on the drivers side and drivers side bulb didn't work on the pass side). Any suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2019 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the chassis connector by the brake booster. Maybe one of the terminals isn't properly seated.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2019 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:
Check the chassis connector by the brake booster. Maybe one of the terminals isn't properly seated.
Could be but would be more the 1 w/o a connection.

Only turn/park and marker or HL bulb too? All are normal or LED?

Front bulb is ground for marker. See my Cave, LED Marker Light first part tells how it works.
Even if bulb is good/new... Front bulb or the socket have no ground or base of bulb getting crap connection then both won't work.

Pull socket and look. wiggle the bulb etc. Most front Socket come out the back but raise HL and disconnect motor trying that.
If metal socket... Try grounding the socket.

Then Try using a pin push into/thru black wire and ground that.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

]Could be but would be more the 1 w/o a connection.

Only turn/park and marker or HL bulb too? All are normal or LED?

Front bulb is ground for marker. See my Cave, LED Marker Light first part tells how it works.
Even if bulb is good/new... Front bulb or the socket have no ground or base of bulb getting crap connection then both won't work.

Pull socket and look. wiggle the bulb etc. Most front Socket come out the back but raise HL and disconnect motor trying that.
If metal socket... Try grounding the socket.

Then Try using a pin push into/thru black wire and ground that.

Turns out you were right! Bad socket on the forward facing light and it would ground out. I must have yanked the ground wire at one point when I removed the harness.

Thanks again ogre!

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 07-05-2019).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2019 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog

1282 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Additional question(probably only the ogre can answer, but possibly others). If I were to put an LED light in the front facing turn signal, do I need another bridge rectifier on that socket?

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 07-05-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock