Windshield washer - did I do wrong? by John W. Tilford
Started on: 02-12-2019 08:12 PM
Replies: 4 (423 views)
Last post by: John W. Tilford on 02-13-2019 09:12 AM
John W. Tilford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Passenger side "squirter" seemed clogged, fluid more dribbling than squirting. So I pulled a little on the rubber washer fluid mini-hose in an attempt to get it off the black, hard plastic, screwed in place, "squirt nozzle". It didn't want to come loose. So I used a screw driver to pry it away from the nozzle block. I assumed there would be a black plastic extension on/around which the hose was pressed, probably with a slightly larger bulge in order to give the rubber hose a grip. Little hose came off all right, with a looked-broken white plastic tip still stuck in the now loose end of the hose. Surfaces looked as though the white tip had been glued into the black plastic nozzle block. So I got the smallest drill bit I have and reamed out the white tip. Blew air through the black nozzle squirt block. Made sure water streamed out of the disconnected rubber hose when washer turned on. Re-assembled without using any glue, just a friction fit of the little white tube into the hole in the nozzle black block. Works fine. But for how long?

[This message has been edited by John W. Tilford (edited 02-12-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just look for a replacement while you live with what you have.
When or if it ever fails, it is a simple replacement fix.
John W. Tilford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rickady88GT, so the little white tube is supposed to be permanently sticking out of the bottom of the black plastic nozzle block? And the black rubber washer fluid tube/hose is supposed to slide onto (and off of) the smaller diameter white tube?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John W. Tilford:

Rickady88GT, so the little white tube is supposed to be permanently sticking out of the bottom of the black plastic nozzle block? And the black rubber washer fluid tube/hose is supposed to slide onto (and off of) the smaller diameter white tube?

I have to be honest with you, I am not sure. I always thought the spray nozzle had a nipple. But I have also seen adapters places.
As long as it works, go with it and find a backup just incase.
John W. Tilford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2019 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're right. If this is the biggest problem I have to worry about with a daily driver 1988 GT, 3.4, 4T60, .33 chain then I'm pretty lucky.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock