Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  My Indy Fiero.... Rusted Out... Possible to Save? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Indy Fiero.... Rusted Out... Possible to Save? by Drachenblut
Started on: 05-15-2018 11:43 AM
Replies: 54 (1059 views)
Last post by: wftb on 05-28-2018 04:55 PM
Drachenblut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrachenblutSend a Private Message to DrachenblutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone.

Sadly, as I am living in a Condo, and have no access to a garage, tools or excess money to do this job. So, I have chosen I will sell it for half what I paid, anyone in the Toronto area or Ontario is welcome to contact me. I have a family to support as well. As mentioned here, one only needs to find a good cradle or frame and do that work and you have a great, safe, 1 of 2000 Indy Fieros.
IP: Logged
OntarioKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OntarioKevSend a Private Message to OntarioKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since you never answered, I am guessing you got suckered and bought it as-is instead of certified....
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Drachenblut:

I got hosed for 4 grand.

Originally posted by Drachenblut:

I will sell it for half what I paid... one only needs to find a good cradle or frame

It needs much more than just a cradle. I would be shocked, absolutely shocked, if you could get anywhere near $2000 for that car. Realistically, I think you'd be looking at closer to $200 or thereabouts.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
( rubs salt in wound)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

( rubs salt in wound)

I'm trying to motivate the OP to go after the previous owner who totally hosed him. The car is basically worthless. Why pretend otherwise?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indy fans would be interested in good body panels and interior parts. They are kind of rare you know....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Indy fans would be interested in good body panels and interior parts. They are kind of rare you know....

We have no idea of the condition of the actual "rare" Indy parts. And in regards to the body panels in particular, what makes them any different than body panels off of any other "aero" style Fiero?

Hey, I feel for the OP. It's a real shame (maybe even a crime) that someone would take advantage of him like this.
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I glanced through this thread, so forgive me if it has been said . . . what about the OP doing a part out? Between the Indy panels (which may or may not be rare), the wheels, interior, and the other parts that aren't badly rusted, I bet he could get closer to $2000 than $200.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

...what about the OP doing a part out? I bet he could get closer to $2000 than $200.

There's a big difference in value of most any old car between selling it whole and parting it out. A lot more labor intensive as well. But as stated in the thread, the OP lives in a condo. Parting it out won't be happening.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-21-2018).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

We have no idea of the condition of the actual "rare" Indy parts. And in regards to the body panels in particular, what makes them any different than body panels off of any other "aero" style Fiero?

The OP mentioned a recent paint job. Are the graphics correct? I dunno.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2018 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Are the graphics correct?

Is this any help? This is all we have to go by.

PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was this car parked on the Niagara Parkway just a few km's from the falls, up the hill passed the rainbow bridge?

I've seen this car before, It's been for sale for at least 2 years. The decals on the side were wrong, the color was wrong and they were asking a lot of money for a car that didn't look right. I believe it did have the correct interior. I've never seen it move, I bought my 87 just around the corner from there and it had also been sitting for quite some time but I got her back on the road.

That's a lot of rust. I don't think it's a good financial decision to fix it. Could do a chassis swap but it's a lot of work.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 05-24-2018).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a closer-up shot from the original pic:

Looks like a Maaco job, need better pics.

What's the VIN? Maybe it's not even an Indy? At least let us know the scammer's name?
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If I remember correctly, Fierobear is in the San Francisco area. That's a helluva long way from Toronto!

100 miles and change from San Francisco, but close enough when measured from Toronto.

I have several frames here with no rust. If anyone is interested.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-26-2018).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2018 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The far western provinces have no rust cause they use little or no salt. East of Manitoba it is a good 3 months of road salt, some places 5 months worth. I was lucky with my car originally from BC. But 2 years of winter driving in Ontario by the previous owner was enough to make me break out the welder and fix a few spots on the passenger side. If the OP has the time, he should go get that frame from Fierobear. If he has a decent paint job on the body he has now, here in Ontario that would easily cost 4000.00 or more.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock