Started on: 11-06-2016 04:00 PM
Replies: 54 (884 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-10-2016 11:26 PM
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

You have not defined massive pollution. Please quote some actual numbers if you want to talk about this. If you can't state some facts on the matter, then you're just spouting off your overly dramatic libertarian political bullshit to stir the pot, like you always do. Grow the **** up already.

Okay, here are some rough numbers.

Lets say a VC-25 is like a B747-200. Looking at wiki specs:

Fuel capacity: 53,985 US gal
Range: 7,550 miles

Doing the math... fuel economy = 0.14 mpg

Still think a VC-25 is cleaner than a catless Fiero?
IP: Logged
gh0stmach1ne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stmach1neSend a Private Message to gh0stmach1neEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I swapped my cat out for a glass pack earlier this year. The exhaust note is slightly louder but not by much, acceleration seems to have moderately improved and it definitely feed up some space down there to get at the front side of the engine. Plus the glass packs are cheaper than the high flow cats. I think mine was $60 installed. Overall great upgrade.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Okay, here are some rough numbers.

Lets say a VC-25 is like a B747-200. Looking at wiki specs:

Fuel capacity: 53,985 US gal
Range: 7,550 miles

Doing the math... fuel economy = 0.14 mpg

Still think a VC-25 is cleaner than a catless Fiero?

MPG is not a measurement of emissions. The chemical make-up of the fuel is not equivalent. What do you think the MPG of a Fiero would be if it's weight was 800,000 lbs? I don't think the 2.8 would even start to move it.

Emissions != economy.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone asked a question about an engine code. Our SJW's took over.

My 87 GT does not have a converter on it. I am ok with that.

Now we have members telling other members to "grow the **** up"?

Enjoy your day people. Be individually happy. Be contagious in your happiness. Drive your Fiero!

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-10-2016).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't really want to contribute to the A/C vs Fiero argument, but.....You really ought to be comparing "Passenger miles".....Most Aircraft carry a couple of hundred people....Even something like AF1 carries at least 100 people usually....I actually read an article many years ago in AW/ST about this and Large airliners are far more efficient at moving people around when the trip is more than 200 miles or so....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Most Aircraft carry a couple of hundred people....

And cargo... not something that Fieros are very good at.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do you think we still use trains....
I think it's CSX that advertises that they can move a ton of freight 14 or 24 miles on 1 gallon of fuel.
That's actually extremely efficient considering most Semi's are doing good to get 10 miles per gallon.....I've known guys that can average 6-7 mpg but they drive very conservatively.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2016 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Someone asked a question about an engine code. Our SJW's took over.

My 87 GT does not have a converter on it. I am ok with that.

Now we have members telling other members to "grow the **** up"?

Enjoy your day people. Be individually happy. Be contagious in your happiness. Drive your Fiero!

**** you Tony. If you want to ***** at anyone, then ***** at Dennis for bringing his political views and bullshit into Tech, instead of calling people names, like somehow defending the justice of those less fortunate is an attack on people.

If you can't keep your personal political views out of tech, and abide by the laws the country you live in have created to better the society which you are taking advantage of being in, then yes, you really need to "grow the **** up." And if your response to people calling such abhorrent behavior out, is to jump in, remain off topic, and call them names, then yes, you also need to grow the **** up.

I've been on this forum for 15 years, and I'm ****ing tired of you white supremacist assholes coming in here and acting like you own it, and anything anyone says that you disagree with doesn't somehow belong on here, because it's not part of your deeply held religious views that empower your political self-entitlement. **** you.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy cat, this went off-topic...

No, cat removal will not set off code. If you have a code, share it.

T
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2016 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

**** you Tony. ...

I've been on this forum for 15 years, and I'm ****ing tired of you white supremacist assholes coming in here and acting like you own it, and anything anyone says that you disagree with doesn't somehow belong on here, because it's not part of your deeply held religious views that empower your political self-entitlement. **** you.

I am not a white supremacist. For those reading, it is heavily stated within this forum's walls how I feel about racism, the environment that I grew up in, and many other factors in defense of dobey's lawless statements. Wow.

Also, in regards to religion, I am not religious.

Is this your tough guy act dobey? It falls flat. Keep practicing though. With a bit of patience and a lot of luck, I could one day perhaps be intimidated by your vast knowledge, physical ability, and decisive use of the English vernacular. Use should always come fighting with facts though. When you call others names, and place them in a DANGEROUS category, ...

Eh, good luck to you. I hope that you find some peace. Maybe Pennocks is not for you any longer?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Is this your tough guy act dobey? It falls flat. Keep practicing though. With a bit of patience and a lot of luck, I could one day perhaps be intimidated by your vast knowledge, physical ability, and decisive use of the English vernacular. Use should always come fighting with facts though. When you call others names, and place them in a DANGEROUS category, ...

Oh, it's ok for you to come in here and call people names and condescend, but when someone talks back to the almighty Tony, there is no fact in it?

I wasn't trying to intimidate you. I was simply telling you to grow the **** up, as you need to do.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

Why do you think we still use trains....

For overseas cargo? Sure.

Perhaps we should discourage discussion about catalytic converters in the tech forms. It all too often seems to lead to over-heated exchanges.
RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK guys, lets play nice. Now to the original subject. No, I don't have a code, all I have is a glowing "check engine" light. I just wanted to verify the potential problem by asking. Now I'll code it to find out exactly what the cause really is.
Thanks for your time and what turned out to be a very amusing political conversation. The election season bug runith over.
Rich
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure got crazy here. Hope you find your problem causing the glowing red light. Hey, probably that Code 32, we all get it.

CAT wars, politics, religion......Geeeezzzz!

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 11-10-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

CAT wars, politics, religion......Geeeezzzz!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I like how the dog rushes in and tells them to smarten up.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock