On a trip to NJ I noticed my GPS plug, plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet was really hot. Felt it thru my elbow resting on that part of the console.
Pulled the plug and gently put my finger into the socket and almost got burned.
How much power does a GPS use? Never happed in my other (less fun) cars. They are plugged into power outlets, not cigarette lighter outlets.
Keeping the GPS off until I need it. I do miss the speedometer reading.
BTW it's a Garmin nuvi 52 lm
[This message has been edited by Jerry Tarnofsky (edited 06-29-2015).]