Need help- 3800 series 2 Injector pulse width drop to 0 by Celthora87GT
Started on: 06-03-2015 08:47 PM
Replies: 8 (196 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 06-04-2015 04:52 PM
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright guys and gals, to the point. I am using HPtuners to get my car running. Long story, short is took my car to a shop. They were dickheads and left it out in the rain with no decklid or hood. So exposed engine and air filter and all that jazz. I said **** em took it home got HPT. ever since I brought it home my injector pulse width drops to zero every time without fail after about 3 to 5 seconds of running. then my car chugs and dies. Every damn time.
Things I have done.
plugs
wires
coil
ICM
PCM with the same tune
Changed everything on the tune.
checked all signal wires to injectors from pcm all good.
checked grounds.
checked power to pcm and injectors

I am so out of ideas guys.
Literally anything you throw at me i will try.

Thanks
Josh
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VATS?
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

VATS?

If nothing shows up in vats i would assume its disabled? Also the dropdown menu dosent give me any possibe options.
Thanks for your reply.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there is a base Fiero tune on HP forum.
A 98 GTP bin file will also run the engine in stock form. Do you have one?
If you get one can you flash your PCM with it?
Also, Can u open a DHP bin?
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I need to licence a file to put it on my pcm
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Anyone?
Ill post screenshots of it tonight just as a visual aid

[This message has been edited by Celthora87GT (edited 06-04-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was it doing this before the tuning shop? What year PCM you running?

What fuel pump you running? Have you checked fuel pressure? That could isolate if its PCM closing injectors or if Pump or something is amiss.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 06-04-2015).]

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No it wasnt. It was running rich but it was running. I am using a 2000 grand prix pcm. Both of them are.
The fuel pump is an aftermarket one. Its a solid pump and brand new. I can hear it running and that whole jazz, the fuel pressure is what its supposed to be at, 48 something If I remember correctly.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

No it wasnt. It was running rich but it was running. I am using a 2000 grand prix pcm. Both of them are.
The fuel pump is an aftermarket one. Its a solid pump and brand new. I can hear it running and that whole jazz, the fuel pressure is what its supposed to be at, 48 something If I remember correctly.

Maybe they flashed a stock tune that didn't have the VATS disabled. If you send me a STOCK bin PCM I will throw a base Fiero code on it that should run the car.
I have a DHP so I can't read a HPT PCM but I think a HPT can read a DHP programmed PCM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock