Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Nw area 3800sc guys. need engine swapped.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Nw area 3800sc guys. need engine swapped. by SPECFab
Started on: 05-10-2015 08:15 PM
Replies: 6 (188 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 05-11-2015 09:55 AM
SPECFab

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SPECFabSend a Private Message to SPECFabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in the northwest know the 3800sc swap well and willing to do one for me?
2.8 auto car 86 gt with 64,000 miles. Intake took out the bottom end with coolant in the oil.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forums!

I can't say who is in your area but im sure there is a specific fiero following you could find online that is relative to your location.

Paying someone to do a swap is going to cost a LOT more than doing it yourself. Plus, if anything goes wrong you won't know as much about it as you would doing it yourself. There is pride in being able to show your buddies "Here is my 3.8SC, and I swapped it in myself." As they gaze at it trying to convincing you it won't beat a Corvette.

Here is "West Coast Fiero", they do engine swaps but they also provide straight forward information on swapping engines. Here is what it takes:

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...800sc-auto-noac.html
------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 05-10-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF appears to be the only source on the West Coast doing Fiero engine swaps and they are not cheap. You can buy the engine, trans, harness, axles, hardware; DIY and save a ton. I'm guessing the cost is about $10-$12K if you want a turn key swap with all parts and labor. Is it worth it? You decide.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

SPECFab

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SPECFabSend a Private Message to SPECFabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya I'm not new to engine swaps. I do them all the time. I'm just needing someone that knows the swap really well so it doesn't turn into a head ache.
I sourced a motor from a 97 riviera. But don't want to just buy it unless it will work.
I don't need a rig torn apart at my shop for months.
I build custom 4x4's SK cab work is easy. But I don't want to rewrite the swap if some is willing to help that knows it well. This is my 3rd fiero but my first 2 were 15 years ago.
My sport bike just left today by my wife's wishes and I told her I'm building this car to replace it.
I have searched a bit but info is scattered everywhere. So I'm just trying to put it all together.
SPECFab

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SPECFabSend a Private Message to SPECFabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SPECFab

3 posts
Member since May 2015
It doesn't look like I can type tonight. LOL fab work is what I ment.
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done quite a few over the years and could help you out. At the very least point you in the right direction

Maybe message me and we can talk more

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 05-11-2015).]

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 3800sc swap im almost done costed me so far 1600 in parts. I did myself slowly in 7 months but i cut welded and wired my own harness, bought mounts and got engine for 600 bucks. Sold the 97 Riviera body stereo and wheels for 400. Learning experience yes but im glad i did it myself.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock