Looking for a CT fiero expert by richsewell
Started on: 04-30-2015 04:02 PM
Replies: 19 (493 views)
Last post by: mcguiver3 on 05-08-2015 04:12 PM
richsewell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone!
New to the forum and thanks for having me, I'm looking for a fiero mechanic located in CT which I could ship my fiero to get this baby up and running. The fiero store only being 40 minutes away helps but I'm not much of a mechanic. Please help or if you know of a fiero owner with experience in the car please refer me!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jw3

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jw3Send a Private Message to jw3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in Ct are you?
I am in Naugatuck and am willing to help fellow Fiero owners whenever possible.
What year/engine/trans is your car?
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Beacon Falls and may be able to help out.
What type of problems are you having?

Bob
richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, my names rich...
Now that we've got the easy part out of the way, I recently purchased a fiero not to long ago. It wasn't running. I had to charge the battery, change the starter (which was cracked?) the cap and rotor and ignition coil, and yayy! It was running, not good though, the rpm would jump between 1500-1000. But it was a starter. I've notice I didn't have any lights on my dash besides the check engine and ajar so out of curiousity to go to see if my left and right turn signals work. And nope, no beans. I then go to start back up the car and now it's not cranking over 😑
I live in hamden, my cars at my mothers in north haven,
It's a 1986 2m6
I would definitely be willing to have the car towed to someone and buy the parts and have you work on it as I help and definitely pay you as well. I'm 26 and new to the fiero game, I've been trying to read and gather as much fiero knowledge as possible. 67k miles and I want it to last me until I'm at least 60 😬 please help
richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

richsewell

7 posts
Member since Apr 2015
Forgot to mention it's automatic
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The owner had told me the car had been sitting for a while. The engine cradle is rusted and ready to just give up on life, besides that's it's in good condition as I know. I didn't get to new cradle but it's not on. And the rpm jumps from 100-1500. Almost revving on it's on kinda sound?
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by richsewell:

The engine cradle is rusted and ready to just give up on life...

Uh oh... I don't suppose you've had a look at the frame rails?
richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I did check other spots for rust, it's just the cradle near the rear wheels are look like something was checking through the middle of it. And I actually was going to go to the fiero store and pick up a few things, I'll start with new grounds and see if that helps
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I did check other spots for rust...

So you've removed the rear wheel well liners and had a good look?

From the following thread... At what point does frame rail rust become dangerous to the integrity of a Fiero?

Originally posted by Patrick:

I was at a friend's place looking over his recently purchased SBC '86 Fiero. I removed the inner fenders to have a look at the "hidden" areas. The driver's side was fine. The passenger side looked like this...

That's looking up towards the back of the car.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Off-topic, Patrick, but you never updated that thread.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that. The odyssey did continue (for a bit longer), as can be seen here... Is this a dangerous SBC installation?
richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

So you've removed the rear wheel well liners and had a good look?

From the following thread... At what point does frame rail rust become dangerous to the integrity of a Fiero?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

I was at a friend's place looking over his recently purchased SBC '86 Fiero. I removed the inner fenders to have a look at the "hidden" areas. The driver's side was fine. The passenger side looked like this...

That's looking up towards the back of the car.

Good god 😳 I'll have a look under there today (heart stops beating)

mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been dealing with Fitzgerald Automotive here in beacon falls for over 15 years.
They original rebuilt my engine in my 86 GT V6 5 spd as well a 2 other engines in other vehicles and a boat.
They do great work but aren't cheap, but fair.
Give them a call, Rich will probably answer the phone but Daryl is the guru 203-729-7247
They do a lot of work on older cars and hot rods.
If you want I could stop by and let them know you may be calling.
I have another guy that does some work on the side, he is a mechanic for a local used car sales business.
He is changing a tranny for my son in his GMC Envoy as we speak.
I could ask him how busy he is and if he would take a look at it.
If you need help getting it somewhere I have a race hauler and could give you a hand.

Bob
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good god... I'll have a look under there today (heart stops beating)

And that particular Fiero wasn't as bad as a lot that I've seen pictured here and in person.

Yeah, it's best to remove both rear wheel well liners and have a good look at the situation before you put any money into the car.

Even if you find no rust, it's still a great opportunity to remove 30 years worth of accumulated crud in there.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good god... I'll have a look under there today (heart stops beating)

It's been six days. Are you still in shock at what you observed?
richsewell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richsewellSend a Private Message to richsewellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To my surprise actually it wasn't rusted! 😁 I figure someone else had it replaced at some point. I know the car had a rear accident at some point maybe it was fixed then but it looked really good
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich,
Still looking for some help?

Bob

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock