3800 heater hoses by johnguzman1212
Started on: 04-03-2015 07:09 PM
Replies: 4 (365 views)
Last post by: johnguzman1212 on 04-16-2015 11:06 PM
johnguzman1212

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read the threads so I might know the answer already but just wanna make sure. im doing a swap 3800sc from a 97 Riviera into a 87 fiero duke,im keeping the high mount alternator with the heater in/out tensioner bracket, which hose is out and which is in? can I use the heater out to run to my heater core and just plug the other inlet? I have read about the tapping the lim where the plastic elbow goes if I tap it here to run to my heater core what holes am I freeze plugging? the the one where the plastic elbow runs to? but I still have the two heater nipples coming out? if I do the lim tap,do I freeze plug these by removing the little black nipples from the aluminum bracket? second question I installed a 97 firebird oil pump housing cause I cant fine the grand prix and it comes so close to the cv joint tripot is it ok?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The line going to the LIM is the OUT, and the one going to the waterpump is IN

You are only going to plug anything if you have an 88 as the return is routed into the factory radiator line

BTW I found this info in like two seconds

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 04-03-2015).]

johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I figured it out I took apaert the whole thing but thanks for the help
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 also has the heater core return to the passenger side coolant pipe......

Once the LIM is tapped, and the water pump is plugged, the alternator bracket is dry.....
johnguzman1212

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnguzman1212Send a Private Message to johnguzman1212Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see now.. question I got my 3/4 not tap and I see I can tap the outer cup but tap hits the bottom lip tap won't turn unless I break the bottom lip. Are y'all sure its 3/4 or is I'd 3/8 and the tap is meant for the bottom lip

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock