Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Is there a way to change a Fieros 14in rims to a 16in? If so, what does it take?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there a way to change a Fieros 14in rims to a 16in? If so, what does it take? by PribanicS
Started on: 03-09-2015 04:42 PM
Replies: 8 (298 views)
Last post by: IanT720 on 03-10-2015 12:47 PM
PribanicS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PribanicSSend a Private Message to PribanicSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own an 85' GT. I need new tires and it's virtually impossible to find the right tire size. I was just thinking changing the rim size would solve the issue, however, I know very little about tires and rims so I'm here to ask.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go to the tire rack website, you can input your make and model and then it will ask for the size of wheel you want .Pick 16" and it will show all available rims and suggest a tire size that will work out to close to your stock overall diameter .You can even see a pic of your chosen combo on your car . Your speedo will be close to actual speed doing it this way .Have fun .
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The President of the Georgia Fiero Club lives over in Athens, Al. Email or PM me with your information and I'll have him contact you. 14" tires are still available from Tire Rack. 215/60/14's will fit nicely on the car. http://www.tirerack.com/tir...ratio=60&diameter=14

Due to the difficulty in locating reasonably priced 14's, at some time you'll need to go up to probably a 16 " or larger diameter wheel. I'd suggest grabbing some 14's and then take your time to put together the funds and search out the wheel style and size you want. One of our members out here has a couple of new 14's mounted on wheels, but getting them to you is an issue.
http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1715.0
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PEP BOYS has the cheapest prices on wheels. I've bought 2 sets from them. sometime you can find "Closeout"s and actually get new polished aluminum 16" or 17" rims for about $45 each. you need 5 x 100mm bolt pattern 38-40mm back spacing.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou6t4gto

8436 posts
Member since May 2008
oh, they don't have a listing for Fiero, look up under chevy cavalier.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instead of looking up something for a Fiero, just use 5 x 100 x 40mm offset in the diameter you want. I did both when looking for a replacement MSR wheel. Nothing came up for Fiero, but with wheel dimensions, I found the exact wheel I needed.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just go to the Tire Rack website .Much simpler , and all years of fiero's are in there .This is the easiest way to make sure you get the correct size tire to make your speedometer work properly . Once you know the tire size and wheel specifics , you can buy them any where you want .

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 03-10-2015).]

devildog0692

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for devildog0692Send a Private Message to devildog0692Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Tire Rack myself and got some sweet looking 15" rims. They have a huge selection you could choose from and I guarantee you could find a set you really like
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just searched craigslist by typing 5x100 found some sweet konig 18 inch rims that used to be actually on a Fiero and 5 new 235 tires! I love the 18's perfect size, look killer on the car. The tires gripped like crazy too! And best of all I only paid $300 for everything

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock