Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Ecotec A/C compressor clutch life used with CCOT Fiero system?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ecotec A/C compressor clutch life used with CCOT Fiero system? by fast40driver
Started on: 02-08-2015 11:18 PM
Replies: 2 (168 views)
Last post by: fast40driver on 02-11-2015 12:27 AM
fast40driver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty well as the title says - any of you smart A/C types know if the compressor clutch life will be significantly affected if I use it on the Fiero CCOT system as is?. Or am I just worrying too much? Easier just to sway the compressor if it fails?

I know I need to add the limit switches that are not present in the Ecotec compressor.

Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ecotec is V5 compressor?
Then Loose (bypass) clutch switch. V5 doesn't need this. See 87-88 Fiero L4 A/C wiring diagram... 87 L4 came w/ V5.

All system should have High and Low cutout switches. USEPA/USDOT now requires cars to have high cutout to prevent over pressure the system and cause refrigerate escaping from blowout. If you refit the old system and didn't have one then add it.
Many have 2 high switches... 1 normal high pressure, 1 higher pressure as a backup.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response. Didn't think Ecotec was a variable displacement compressor - uses a thermostatic expansion valve.

Mike

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock