Front bump stop install. by gtemplet
Started on: 01-18-2015 01:11 PM
Replies: 3 (648 views)
Last post by: gtemplet on 01-19-2015 07:07 PM
gtemplet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtempletSend a Private Message to gtempletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm rebuilding my front end, had everything powder coated (crossmember, control arms, spindles, ect.), looks great. I put all new bushings and ball joints in
no problems removing or installing them. I am getting my a$$ kicked installing the bump stops. I got the poly stops from the Fierostore and the crossmember
is still removed. Any tips on installing them? Thanks for looking and any help is appreciated. A bigger set of nuts is not an option. Lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year? 88 is different from all of the rest.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the '88 front bump stop just bolts on... so we'll have to assume it's the '84-'87 bump stop that's being difficult to install here.

Like many of the finer things in life... just add some lube and pound it in.

If you wish to be gentler, I suppose you could temporarily leave the spring out and use the lower control arm to press in the poly bump stop (using a hydraulic jack to push the LCA up). Of course, the whole assembly will need to be mounted in the car to do it in this manner.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-18-2015).]

gtemplet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtempletSend a Private Message to gtempletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you gentlemen, Patrick is correct its an 87 . Sorry for being slow still trying to figure out how the Packers lost yesterday. I did get them pressed after the game yesterday. Just took plenty of lube and beer power. Thanks again guys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock