No taillights or running lights by countach711
Started on: 12-22-2014 07:30 PM
Replies: 8 (254 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-23-2014 08:09 AM
countach711

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have brake lights and headlights, but no taillights, dash lights or running lights when the lights are on. Fuses are good. Any ideas where to look? Also, power to the cigarette lighter is intermittant. It worked the other day but now only shows 3.87 volts. Obviously I'm not the first owner so not sure what all has been done. Another weird one is the wiper goes once when I use the right turn signal, just for fun I guess! lol I did take out an extensive alarm system but had these problems prior.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you happen to put in an aftermarket stereo?
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no but there is one in there, minus faceplate. The wiring job on it is horrendous .
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only thing all of those circuits have in common is the Tail Fuse and the Light Switch. Try replacing the fuse first, even if it looks good. If that doesn't fix the problem, then pull the light switch, disconnect it, and use a jumper wire between pin A of the switch connector (orange wire) and pin E (brown wire). That should turn on all you lights even with the key out of the ignition. If your lights work then the problem is with the guts of the switch. If they don't work then post back here for additional instructions.
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks Blooz, I'll give that a try and report back. My buddy mentioned the switch too....
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a pretty screwy tail light problem a while back that affected my dash too. I had the ground rust off on the rear light harness. It is screwed into the passenger fender under the liner way high up. I think It tried to ground through the dash lights.
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blooz, thanks, that was it! The lights all came on when I jumpered it, so I sprayed the switch and contacts with electrical cleaner and pushed it on and off a few times, works now! Good tip about the ground too, I'll check it out, Most of the grounds on the car were in pretty sorry shape.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock