Lebaron brake upgrade for 86 with 88 rear cradle by Knight
Started on: 12-03-2014 01:34 PM
Replies: 5 (411 views)
Last post by: Knight on 02-04-2015 02:01 PM
Knight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have am getting a 86 1/2 GT with a 88 rear cradle conversion including 88 rear brakes. I have a complete 87 front crossmember (with held drop spinles) and 87 rear cradle with the Lebaron upgrade and the modified rotation rear adapter bracket sitting in my garage. I'm plannning on putting the Modified crossmember on the GT, I just need to know what what I need to do to use the Lebaron rear setup on the 88 end? Do I need a different rear adapter or can I use the same one that is on the 86 cradle?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The calipers from the 87 rear brake setup will not directly transfer to the 88 rear knuckle. You will need different brackets to adapt the calipers to the 88 knuckle.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anybody have a cad drawing of the 88 adapter or does any forum member sell the 88 adapters?
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody done a Lebaron swap on an 88 rear cradle?
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie did lebaron brakes on 88's. I have a set of brackets for the rear that I bought from him when I was planning on doing the same thing you are doing.

If I can find them I'll sell them to you if you want.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES! I would very much like them. SAvws me from having to save up for a 12 inch Corvette upgrade.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock