84 fan problem by sgosser
Started on: 11-06-2014 10:30 AM
Replies: 2 (123 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-06-2014 04:48 PM
sgosser

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey all, I have a couple of strange problems maybe someone can help me with. 84 fiero the po had the radiator fan wired with a toggle switch. there was not the correct sensor on the motor to put it back like it should be, so i bought a relay kit with a probe switch for the radiator. The fan comes on but is blowing in my face. I think it was wired backwards at the motor. It is just a dc motor so i should be able to swap the wires on the motor. Is that correct? My other problem is not a fiero, it's a 97 astro van. The radio started picking up in and out, lots of static. I tried a new antenna, but it did not work. I did notice when the antenna is close to but not touching the mounting screw, it picks up perfect. Maybe a bad ground??? I kinda stumped on that one. thanks for any help
Scott
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fan is supposed to draw air through the radiator so, assuming you are standing behind the fan, you should have air blowing at you.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sgosser:

The fan comes on but is blowing in my face.

Well geez, that really tells us a lot. Where's your face in relation to the rad?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock