manual remote mirror adjustment by tnkgnr
Started on: 10-19-2014 12:37 PM
Replies: 8 (520 views)
Last post by: tnkgnr on 10-20-2014 11:40 PM
tnkgnr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there,

Does anyone know how to adjust the driver's manual mirror that has the joystick? My mirror is fairly loose, and pulling the joystick down doesn't pull the mirror down far enough.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mcguiver3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the 3 screws that hold the mirror to the housing tight?
There are cables that actuate the mirror, maybe one is broken?
tnkgnr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, the torx screws mounting the mirror are tight. I don't think any of the cables are broken, since the mirror will move in all directions. It's just that it won't move far enough for the mirror to be useful.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the screws are tight, but your mirror is fairly loose....something is broken behind the mirror.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible that one of the cables got stretched slightly? It wouldn't take much for you to lose some of the range.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tnkgnr:

Hey there,

Does anyone know how to adjust the driver's manual mirror that has the joystick? My mirror is fairly loose, and pulling the joystick down doesn't pull the mirror down far enough.

The mirror won't move 'down'?
usually with as low as our cars are, the mirrors need to be up if anything.

May be silly, but have you tried pushing on the actual mirror itself with your fingers to adjust it close to how you need it?
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had the identical problem with an 80's Oldsmobile we used to own. Problem was that the joystick wasn't mounted securely in the holder on the door panel. Pull the panel and check the allen screw.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, cable could be pinched (multiple cables in one), or something similar. You really won't know until you take a look.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 10-20-2014).]

tnkgnr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the best culprit so far is the possible stretched cable. I can move the mirror by hand, but it returns to its unusable position after I let go. I've tried messing with the allen screw- removed it and then tried twisting the joystick which I saw as a suggestion in an archive post; but it had no effect. Guess I'll just start taking things apart...think I'll begin at the mirror side; there's got to be a way to give or take more cable line to the mirror.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock