E-Tron Ignition Module by Heinz_57_Fiero
Started on: 10-07-2014 08:39 PM
Replies: 2 (914 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 10-08-2014 09:10 AM
Heinz_57_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some time ago I bought a E-Tron Duralife ignition module to use as a spare. Upon rebuilding my distributor, I decided to install this new ignition module. Bad idea! I don't think I drove more than 100km before this thing left me stranded on the side of the freeway. In case anybody wants to know, I did use the proper heat sink grease, and one of Dawgs heatsinks as well.
Take a look at the attached picture of the module in question and avoid it like the plague.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow -didn't know they were still around unless it's 'very old stock'. Down in my area it was sold by a traveling rep who's catalog was a large format magazine style paper catalog. The products were all "A" movers and the box had the top companies / Standard-Borg Warner / Niehoff etc. part numbers and part stores would salt them in with the Name brand product to improve the bottom line. Yes ---to be avoided.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the manufacturers have bad one, some right out of the box. My worse luck was AC Delcos...I never got a good one. Autozone was shakey...1-3 years, BUT they gave me a new one everytime one failed for free. I ALWAYS carried a spare.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock