OK, What Now ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 10-07-2014 07:15 PM
Replies: 3 (144 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-07-2014 08:15 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 3800SC IN and running awhile back. I just installed a combo Vacuum/ Boost Gauge. at Idle it reads 20" vacuum, when I rev it, it only drops to 0,(standing still) where's my BOOST ?! does the engine need to be at a certain TEMP before the boost kicks in ? Does the engine need to be "Under Load" ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take it for a drive and hit the gas - then you will see boost. The engine has to be under a load for the boost to kick in
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah, thank you !
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just drove my 3800 SC about 800 miles to a car show and back home. I saw around 20 inches of vacuum all the way (unless I stomped on the throttle). Then the boost gauge shows around 7 pounds (with a 3.4 pulley installed).

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock