Running Lights by DirtyDawg
Started on: 09-27-2014 06:36 PM
Replies: 4 (128 views)
Last post by: DirtyDawg on 09-27-2014 10:24 PM
DirtyDawg

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DirtyDawgSend a Private Message to DirtyDawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't seem to find problem, head lights work, brake lights work and turn signals work, checked all fuses and none are blown. No running lights, side, front, rear or pontiac.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

86 GT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DirtyDawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DirtyDawgSend a Private Message to DirtyDawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No body here have any ideas ?
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a test light or volt meter and check for voltage at the fuses with the head light switch on. To at least see if you switch is working. Inside the switch the current is separate for the head lights and running lights. So you can still have head lights but not running lights if the switch is bad. The only things that should common to all the running lights are the switch and fuses, and of course the wires between the switch and fuse box.
Have also seen fuses "look" good, but won't pass current. It is best to check with a test light or meter.

Just looked at a few schematics. The running lights are fused before the switch. It would make sense to pull the headlight switch. Power in for the running lights should orange. Power in for the headlights is red. Power out for the headlights is yellow. The power color out for the running lights was not determined by 3 different schematics except that it supposed to be terminal L. So if switch is off you should have voltage on the orange and red wires. If not check the "TAIL" fuse or wiring between it and the switch. Should only have voltage on the yellow wire with the switch all the way on. If you don't get voltage on the other wires with the switch on the first setting, most likely bad switch. If you do get power out then you have an issue in the wiring after the switch.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 09-27-2014).]

NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My money is on the switch. Have you tried rocking it gently back and forth to see if you get any flickering of the lights?
DirtyDawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DirtyDawgSend a Private Message to DirtyDawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was leaning towards the switch also. I have another fiero I drive every day, 85 SE, tomorrow I'll take the one out of it and try it, that should tell me for sure. Thanks for the comments, it helps.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock