Got a big problem by huracan2015
Started on: 09-22-2014 01:18 AM
Replies: 9 (468 views)
Last post by: huracan2015 on 10-07-2014 01:53 AM
huracan2015

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was driving along at 60mph. all of the sudden, my car lost power. I'm not saying it stalled, since all the electronics still worked, I mean like the gas pedal didn't do anything. I was forced to coast off to the side of the road. As I was doing so, my car made an extremely loud popping sound (backfire???) and spit out huge flames. It was so loud that 4 cops came right over from the station across the street. After they checked my registration and all that, and continued to ask why I was going to Walmart at 1am (needed coffee for the morning), they let me go. I then started the car back up and took off, and all was good for a few hundred feet until it happened again. I then made the 1 mile journey back home at 30mph and on the way there it kept popping, although it didn't lose power every time, only 3 times. As I was driving, it also sounded like my exhaust pipes were scraping on the ground, but they are still attached and definitely not that. That's as best as I can explain it, anyone have any clue whatsoever what is going on???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No check engine light also?

You are having problems with the ECM sending the ignition signal back to the ICM. First check the 4 wire plug on the distributor. Make sure that looks good. If it does replace the ICM.

While you have your deck lid open look at the muffler and see if your back fire blew your muffler apart and it is now scraping against the drive axle.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything looks fine, and it's driving perfectly again today

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weird.
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the car looked at, they couldnt find anything wrong since it was ironically working fine when they tested it. All they recommended was I change the plugs, wires, and distributor cap.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are not as smart as Phonedawgz. You have one tough Fiero there....how's the transmission?
huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

They are not as smart as Phonedawgz. You have one tough Fiero there....how's the transmission?

Still "fine" haven't had a single problem. Some days it's even better than others it feels like
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would change the ICM---the car would run fine for awhile and then not run at all--just my 2 cents

------------------
Pat Jones

Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's that name .......Fiero! Fear The Fire!!!

but it might be time for some FI Cleaner!!!

..and keep an eye on the catalytic converter

[This message has been edited by Alex.07.86GT (edited 10-03-2014).]

huracan2015

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2014 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for huracan2015Send a Private Message to huracan2015Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced the whole ignition system, seems to have worked.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock