Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Alternative vehicles for Fiero headlight parts?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Alternative vehicles for Fiero headlight parts? by perceptionist
Started on: 08-21-2014 02:45 PM
Replies: 5 (407 views)
Last post by: perceptionist on 08-22-2014 03:02 AM
perceptionist

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey my local self service wrecking yards currently have no Fieros

I'm looking for 2 of each of these:

I found these pics on a google image search, they are not mine.

The larger metal bowl piece on mine is rusting to the point where it is pretty much garbage and the tabs on the chrome rings are almost all broken off.

Are these 2 parts pretty much the same on all 80s GM vehicles or are there elements of these parts specific to Fieros?

I am on a tight budget (unemployed) so would rather not pay $12 for a single chrome retainer ring at FS when I can get a decent one at the wrecking yard for a dollar.

When my income improves, I would like to replace my sealed beam headlights with (bear with me, not sure what they are called) the ones where the main body of the headlight remain in place and you only need replace the bulb part as in modern vehicles. This way I can avoid such an in depth dis-assembly in the future.

Thanks in advance for any names of alternate doner vehicles for these parts.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some new "HELP" chrome rings... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069704.html

$12 for three of them... shipped.
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I worked in the Netherlands at a bus depot repairing busses one make of bus actually had the same head light that was used on the fiero - which obviously was manufactured by Hella - maybe try your local Hella dealers and should be able to come up with the goods.

jon
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trim ring is pretty generic, most cars that used that size sealed beam headlight will have a ring the same or similar.. I'm not sure about the bucket but my guess is that it's not Fiero specific
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son needed both for his 86 GT , a local parts guy said it was the same as the ones in
chevy S10 from around the same time and I think into the 90s. He had them in stock and they were the same thing.
I don't remember the years though.
perceptionist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys thanks for all the replies!

I visited my local wrecking yard and was amazed at how many vehicles used the same parts (foreign and domestic). So I picked up 4 of the trim rings at $1/ea since the tabs seem to fall off now and then.

Thanks again!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock