Swapping Body Panels by WayneL
Started on: 08-19-2014 06:00 PM
Replies: 1 (178 views)
Last post by: jmbishop on 08-19-2014 09:07 PM
WayneL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WayneLSend a Private Message to WayneLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks -
Can anyone give me a rough estimate for how much time and work would be involved to swap body panels between two Fieros. I have an opportunity to buy an '86 GT with the stock TH125 A/T, which has an immaculate Ferrari 328 body kit, and I'd like to put that kit on an '88 GT with an engine/trans conversion, using its existing body panels for the newly stripped '86.
I know some of the forum members have removed body panels for repainting; about how many hours would you estimate for exchanging them between two cars. Are there any unavoidable marks or paint loss that would likely result, requiring serious respray? Thanks for any feedback!

Wayne
Ventura County CA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two stock fieros I'd guess 3-6 hours without damage with the exception of the roof panel, probably best to leave it, because one is a kit it's hard to say how the body is mounted so it's impossible to say, you may find there is some cutting and welding.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 08-19-2014).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock