Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Carb V8 guys, what throttle bracket are you running?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carb V8 guys, what throttle bracket are you running? by Apricot Punt
Started on: 05-21-2014 11:10 AM
Replies: 2 (112 views)
Last post by: Archie on 05-21-2014 04:54 PM
Apricot Punt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Apricot PuntSend a Private Message to Apricot PuntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I went and picked up a 20 dollar Mr. Gasket throttle bracket, and noticed the other day the stupid thing bends when you depress the pedal. I have been looking at the kind that have two eyelits that secure to carb base. Summit and Jegs don't have very good pictures and descriptions to tell if they're the square type detent that I am looking for. Some of them say "GM style throttle". Does this mean small square detent for the throttle? or the large square detent for the kickdown? or something completely different that is on the older muscle cars? Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a GM part from a carbed V8 car. It had the square hole the Fiero cable fit in. I had to do a little fab work on the plate because it didn't match my flange. It' s stamped steel and has reinforcements stamped in it. Might be a good idea to take a trip to the local you-pull-it. Could you reinforce the one you already have?

------------------
woodys 427

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use an Edelbrock EDE8030

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock