I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug this new problem, or what might be wrong. The story might be a little long and confusing but I'll do my best to describe the series of events and symptoms.
Last season the blower belt would not stay on (some may remember this issue). I still suspect a blower issue but new spring tensioner and pulleys seems to have fixed this. At the second to last event the rear tranny mount broke so I pulled the motor and welded the frame up. At the last event I notice it ran badly at idle and a code was being thrown. At the time I could not read the code. I keep racing until it would no longer idle. At home I find two problems: the first was the MAF had a broken pin likely from pulling the motor. The second was the MAP had unplugged itself. I think this happened during the day.
Fixed both problems. No codes being thrown,
It starts and idles but sounds like its missing on one cylinder now and then. There's smoke coming from the rear side of the engine. Just like oil had spilled on the exhaust except I can't find any. No smoke coming from the exhaust. If I punch-it it will rev to red-line but crappy. (here's the strange part) If I slowly push the accelerator it will NOT accelerate. It sounds like it want to, gets rougher, but stays just off idle. I can push the pedal almost to the floor like this.
Pulled the plugs and they look fine. No codes.
I'm worried that I may have a serous mechanical issue. Friday I'll be doing a leak-down test with a friend.